Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

13 tooth sproket worth it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 06:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 13 tooth sproket worth it!!!

I most certainly have spent a lot of seat time on the Lakota in my photo gallery. You must not have the body english to do it. Granted it is eisier with a pipe and filter, it was entirely possible to pull second gear rolling wheelies. With a small bump 3rd gear ones aren't hard and 4th gear is possible. Adding some power to the bike is a better idea, than beating on the clutch. Get a pipe if you can't do it otherwise.

Old 09-22-2004, 04:47 PM
Pro Rider

NEWDUCK, if you could get those pictures for me that would be great, and also can you get a shot of your quad from the back!!! I want to see how the tires look for behind the quad, thanks!!!

Old 09-22-2004, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

sure i will get you some pics it might take me tell the end of the week because the quad is at the shop. the only way my lakota will wheelie in second gear or third is if it hits a bump. but there is also one more thing to consider what is you elevation mine is about 4500

Old 09-22-2004, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

i kindof have a back pic but if you want another one i can get you one.

Old 09-22-2004, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

NEWDUCK, that will be fine whenever you get the pictures. I 'm not sure what my elevation is, but in picture 7 on my page you can see the hillclimb in the backround and at the top of that is where i wheelie in forth gear!!! The key to wheelies on a lakota in those kind of gears is little bumps like that. At the top of my hillclimb on the far right side there is a incline which is probably why i can wheelie in 4th so good!!! Also i think that the exhaust, jet kit, and air filter help a lot with wheelies too!!! Another thing about the tires is did you mount your tires on your rims yourself or did you bring it to the shop. Do you have stock size rims still. If you did it yourself, can you tell me if it was hard or easy!!! Also if you could i would like another picture of your quad from the back, thanks alot NEWDUCK for all your help!!!

Old 09-22-2004, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider

i guess i will have to wait for the pics to be approved or did you already see them before i edited.i run 22 11 10s and i ordered them from rockymnt already on rims with kevlar sealant but i have tried mounting and demounting and i hated it i had to drive over them then try and get them off on one side then you have to do the other. i would take them to the dealer and have them do it but if you want to try use tire irons and soap water it will work. if i had more practice i could of done it.

Old 09-22-2004, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

also on the wheelie subject on how fast you can go i can do them in fith if i am goin fast enough but i have to hit a bump to do them. i want to be able to sit on the quad and pull back as hard as i can and wheelie

Old 09-22-2004, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

You need more power.

Old 09-22-2004, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider

I just took a quick look at your pics looks good!! I was also planning on ordering them from rockymountain to and you said that they were already on rims, what package deal did you get!!! Also in the package deal what does it contain. Two rims and two wheels. When i wheelie i am going pretty fast (35mph) and i'm also sitting down and sitting really far back. I did not have my quad stock for long so i really forgot what wheelies were like on a stock lakota! I most defintly feel a difference in power though with my new parts!!!

Old 09-22-2004, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

MBrooks420, do you think that my quad have the power to wheelie in 5th!!! I really never tired it but plan on it now. With my mods 4th is easy!!!

Quick Reply: 13 tooth sproket worth it!!!