Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Is there any Tecate fans out there?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 08:29 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there any Tecate fans out there?

well, it is that time,,,i sold the 2004 YFZ for a Tecate, dumb might be what comes to mind....but not to me...i think more on the lines of the fact that i will have a nice good old fasion peice of history! any body out there want to share there tecate stories share pictures, anything on this topic? PEACE!

Old 10-03-2004, 09:05 PM
Trailblazer

This fella has made the right move.

Old 10-03-2004, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

lets hear about the tecate you got, is it stock?

Old 10-03-2004, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

i would take the tecate over almost anything(stock for stock)

Old 11-02-2004, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

I have found a great deal on a Tecate 4 and it needs a new frame. Does anyone know of a place were I can get a good frame and other parts for the Tecate? Thanks

Old 11-03-2004, 12:26 AM
Trailblazer

I used to have an 85 Tecate with the Cyclops headlight.I miss that machine.That thing was ferocios and i believe it was more powerful than the 2 strokes available today.I know it would give a stock banshee a run for it's money.It was given to me as a christmas present by my uncle.I had to sell it to get my first car.I had it for sale.A guy stopped and was interested and asked if he could test ride it,.... i said sure. That was the day the tecate died.The guy panicked when the powerband kicked in and went flying into a parked car.He wound up giving me his car in exchange for the totalled tecate.I still miss that lime green beauty.That was a top quality machine for it's time.Just had to share that.I am a tecate fan.

Old 11-03-2004, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider

I had a chance to buy 1 in 2000 ,the guy wanted 3500 for it I Believe.Good thing the guy didnt sue ya,a few years back some 1 in bridgewater NJ went to buy an test a kx 250.The kid didnt know what he was doing obviously ,held the throttle wide open,when the power band kicked in he freaked an went straight into a tree head 1st an died on impact.WHats amazing was he wasnt wearing a helmet an the statement the cops got from the owner ,he wasnt that expereinced is what he told the bike owner.Last but not least I thought they were gonna mass produce willam yokleys kxf 25o an was all excited an then kawie did buttkiss.If this Brute force is the way KAwie is going I think Im gonna have to find me a new brand[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img].

Old 11-03-2004, 08:03 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

anyone who has ridden a tecate is a fan

great bike

Old 11-03-2004, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

.. Excellent move, I applaud that! Quick note to Syrupdawg- ebay probably yer best bet on the frame, although scarce. Yes sire- the tecate was a legend in it's own day, even though Honda got the spotlight with the 250R, which was good, but few knew of the Tecate, no- not the beer. Congrats on your purchase....

Old 11-03-2004, 10:13 PM
Trailblazer

Me and my younger brother both owned Tecates in the late 80's. I cannot remember what year they were but I will always regret getting rid of that machine, it was one of the best atv's I have ever owned. I sold it for $800! to pay for college. They were definately a very fast machine and a blast to trail ride on. I once raced a Quadzilla with it, he did not beat me by very much, I hung right with it! I will try to find some old pictures of it and post them.

Quick Reply: Is there any Tecate fans out there?