Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

"big wheel kit" for brute

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 03:22 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "big wheel kit" for brute

My neighbor has a brute force and wants new tires. He tried his gators on the stock rims but they rub o the shock I think he said.

is there a "big wheel kit" for the brute? Or new rims for them? Or has the aftermarket not followed yet.

Old 10-11-2004, 05:54 PM
Trailblazer

ITP makes aftermarket rims and tires. They work really great. you have to buy 4 front rims
because of the IRS suspension.

Old 10-11-2004, 06:05 PM
Range Rover

Take a look at my pics...I just put the C4 black aluminum wheels and ITP 589's on my Brutey. They look tough as hell and they have already got me through some nasty baby "poop" that my stock DUMBFLOPS would have never got mr through.

They even ride decently for a mud tire....not perfect or anything, but good enough that I use them on the hardpack trails when neccessary.

I got the 26" complete kit which is wheels, tires, lugs and caps.

I wouldn't go too much bigger without some suspension mods...the CV joints are under a lot of pressure as it is....

Mike

Old 10-13-2004, 03:10 AM
Trailblazer

Where did you buy your wheels and tires at? I really like the way that looks on the Green. Did you lose any performance compared to the stock tires and wheels?

Old 10-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Range Rover

Hey BamaBrute... I got them from Trax motorsports. Worked with Marion, he's a good guy and helped me make a good decision.

I stayed with the 26" kit as to not overstrain the drive train or get too ridiculous.

Performance-wise, it is a little slower at takeoff, but let' face it, the Brute has power to spare andonce yer rolling, you dont notice. The tires are a little shakier at higher speed, but that's to be expected. The bike is much more stable overall and the extra width in the rear makes it feel more planted and secure. Not to mention their performance in the mud! I've gone straight through stuff that I wouldn't even touch with the stock tires.

Shop around, but most places are within a few bucks of each other so just go with the best service!

Mike

Old 10-13-2004, 12:01 PM
Trailblazer

Are their any rubbing problems with the 26x12 in the back? How about the front? I think they look awesome! Thanks for the website!

Old 10-13-2004, 02:10 PM
Range Rover

Nope, no rubbing at all. The catch is that the wheels have a different offset as the stock ones and that allows the wider tire a little more clearance.

Besides, the 26 is only one inch taller than stock, the 27's and higher may start to cause issues...

Mike

Old 10-14-2004, 02:22 AM
Trailblazer

Did you order the exact C4/589 package they have for $638? Or did you have to make sure you got all front rims for the Brute.

Somewhere I heard that you had to use all front rims on the .B.F.

I know they make front and rear C4's.. I just need to know exactly what you used.

Old 10-14-2004, 02:32 AM
Pro Rider

Bama, check out Mud-throwers . Call and speak with Matt. Good prices and free shipping. I didn't order my bigfoot kit from him as I wanted to try the outlaws, but I have ordered tires and wheels for my V from them and they have fast shipping and great customer service.

Old 11-08-2004, 12:40 PM
KO
Weekend Warrior

You can go to the ITP wheels ITP 27" 589's and will have no problems with room. Have them on my new camo 750 Brute Force. If you go any larger you have to add suspension changes

Quick Reply: "big wheel kit" for brute