Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

KING QUAD..............HA

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 05:45 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KING QUAD..............HA

My Uncle Jim got a King Quad 700 bout a week ago. I have to admit it corners better than a Brute but not so much better as to beat the Prairie or the Rincon in cornering. We drag raced down the road. I got him from the get go and kept pulling away. Then we switched and raced again. When I punched it it hesitated then took off. I THOUGHT THIS EFI WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE ALL THIS GREAD RESPONSE!!! With him on my Brute he dusted me. This weekend he left stateville for Utah though. But the King has nothing on the Brute or even the Prairie power wise.

Old 10-13-2004, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

That single jug mill, whether EFI or not, can't beat our might V-Twin!
Thanks for the update.

Old 10-13-2004, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

i had the same experience with 4 kings this past weekend. i was highly disappointed from all the hype that was up on them. i smoked them pretty good. i didnt like that hesitation either

Old 10-13-2004, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

I have one and that hesitation stinks.

Old 10-13-2004, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's see........You've got two top of the line 4x4 quads. Both weigh exactly the same. Both run the same size tires and have similar trannys and suspension. Put them side by side in a flat out drag race. Who wouldn't expect the bike powered by a 749cc V-twin to be faster than a single cylinder 695cc?

If all your ATV riding is spent drag racing on straight roads than this drag time is probably very important.

If all your ATV riding is spent drag racing on straight roads, you'd be better off on something like a Banshee - I bet it will wax both the BF and KQ off the line.

Jaybee

Old 10-13-2004, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

A stock banshee would be really shocked at what the BF can do in a race, it won't be an easy race. A modded banshee, well thats alot different.

Originally posted by: jaybeecon55
Let's see........You've got two top of the line 4x4 quads. Both weigh exactly the same. Both run the same size tires and have similar trannys and suspension. Put them side by side in a flat out drag race. Who wouldn't expect the bike powered by a 749cc V-twin to be faster than a single cylinder 695cc?

If all your ATV riding is spent drag racing on straight roads than this drag time is probably very important.

If all your ATV riding is spent drag racing on straight roads, you'd be better off on something like a Banshee - I bet it will wax both the BF and KQ off the line.

Jaybee

Old 10-13-2004, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jaybeecon55

Jaybee
I don't care to much about drag racing, but the throttle hesitation on the KQ is what stinks. Take for instance you come up to a log, with the BF you hit the gas and up come the front over the log. You do this with the KQ, the lag you get won't let you lift it, thus hitting the log instead of going over it. The KQ doesn't have the hit to lift the front over obstacals. You might say the BF does because it's a 750cc not a 700. But the Prarie 700 can do it just as good as the BF. I just hope it gets better with time.

Old 10-13-2004, 07:47 PM
Trailblazer

well, I guess what gets me is all the technology that is put into this thing like efi and dohc's and not to mention all the time it took suzuki to get this machine out to the public, maybe it should perform a little better than it does. but im glad to hear it handles well, thats one thing that the other companies(irs machines) are gonna have trouble keeping up with at least for a while. glad they cant catch the v-twins yet though!

Old 10-14-2004, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

Most of these KingQuad boys' engines are not worked-in yet. While it's probably not that big of a factor, it's still a factor none the less. The bottom line for the KingQuad is that while it's not up to Brute standards, it's definitely a long way from gutless and offers an awesome overall package at a pretty respectable price tag. Wait until Dyna comes out with their power commander for it's EFI system if you need a bigger hit.

Old 10-14-2004, 12:27 AM
Range Rover

well you ^^^^ are right about the engines not being broke in yet....and i am sure that the power commanders might be ables to get rid of that lag...which is probably there to keep some idiot kid from gettting on it and wheelying himself into the emergency room...but i have seen both a brute and the kq in action...and i honestly feel that even with a module the kq will at best be on the brutes heels but no more...and then you are back at square one when the brute gets its module so it is really a moot point....i think they are both excellent machines built for slightly different purposes....i would be happy on either...but i am leaning towards the brute if i buy another toy.

Quick Reply: KING QUAD..............HA