Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

BRUTE OR P700

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 06:28 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BRUTE OR P700

I mostly ride in the woods and they are pretty tight woods is the p700 good at log hopping and tree removal if you know what mean [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

a lot of people are saying that the prarie 75% has to be in low is this true Thanks B200[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2004, 09:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BRUTE OR P700

Originally posted by: Mudcon
no body has p700 in stock cause they stopped producion on everything to make the brute forces.

Umm...., No.

Old 10-14-2004, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default BRUTE OR P700

PADZZ,
I didn't even plan on getting a Prairie until I saw this Team Green one parked outside of the Kawasaki dealer. When I first saw it I did a u-turn and went back and took a closer look, and ended up buying it that same day.

I am curious if you have done anything to your Prairie to improve performance, and how well it turned out.

And congrats on the new house you will be getting.

OL

Old 10-14-2004, 11:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default BRUTE OR P700

Yeah, I knew it was B200 who was looking. Notice that I commented on his questions between Grizz/Prairie earlier. Thats nuts that they don't have any P700's in Arizona. I guess its just one of those "which area you are in" things, because we've got them around here. But then again, I'm sure that when the new quads come out, Arkansas is always one of the last places to get them. I got my Grizzly like 4 weeks after I was reading of people who already had them in 2001, and it was the first week that we had even seen them.

But I think this guy needs a Prairie 700. Unless he is worried about ground clearance down the middle, I think this is the quad for him. Or a Twin Freaks .. or peaks I guess too. Nice carbon copy of the Kawi.

Old 10-15-2004, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default BRUTE OR P700

Outerlimit....the only mods I've done are ATRs on C-series that I bought at action off road. That's IT. Fast enough for now. LMK if you do the same.

Old 10-15-2004, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default BRUTE OR P700

PADZZ,
I have ordered a Diamond G airbox snorkel and have put in a K&N. I plan on asking for a Dyna CDI and a Penland series HMF exhaust for Christmas, so I'll let you know how it does.

OL

Old 10-17-2004, 08:32 PM
Trailblazer
Default BRUTE OR P700

about the low range issue, here is my 2 cents. out on a trail in low range is like being on a roller coaster, anyone can ride way over their abilities because the bike will accelerate like a fuel dragster. i figured that out yesterday on my first trail ride, i caught myself flying down tight washed out trails at speeds over 40 mph, and it kind of scared me. as far as the ride and handling on the prairie, it is great for an sra. i did 60 miles yesterday and was ready for more. my old 4wd rancher i could only go about 30-35 miles before i was in need of some traction for my back. the prairie just suited me better than any of the wishy washy irs machines, but to each his own.

Old 10-17-2004, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BRUTE OR P700

I've owned both now & presently on a Brute Force 750. I do not miss the rougher ride of my Prairie '03 650. Yes, the Prairies will powerslide with ease but the Brute can powerslide too. Here where I ride, an IRS 4wheeler is better to have, mainly for the additional ground clearance. Here, the Dealers sell 10 IRS 4wheelers to 1 Prairie 700 but now with the New Brute Force 750i, most of the dealers here can't keep them on the floor.
The only Dealers that have both the P's & BFs in stock are the Dealers who tack on those extra $$$ to rip off the buyer.
The Dealers are saying that the Prairies are being phrased out & being changed over to the Brute Force label, hence the Brute Force 650 SRA. Allot of the dealers have stopped ordering the P700s b/c they have to mark them down allot to move them off of the floor.
B200, I don't know where you reside but if you are in the Rocky Mountain States area, then give "Fun Center" in Durango, Colorado a call. They did have both the P700s & the Brute Force 750 in stock & will mark either one down to make a sale. They are also a Suzuki dealer.
I am 100% pleased with the Brute Force 750.

Old 10-18-2004, 12:31 AM
Trailblazer
Default BRUTE OR P700

My advice is to go and put some seat time on each one and decide if you need the extra clearence and power of the brute. I know quite a few guys that bought Brutes and each one has had some minor problems 1. Jetting on front carb 2. loosing rubber hub caps 3. airbox protection 4. low speed miss 5. the quad almost floats in very deep water it sort of cavitates it's not a big deal after you learn how to control it but at first it throws you offgaurd I know from personal experience. inner fenders are a good option. The Prairie is more fun on a twisty trail The brute is more fun for bushwacking or breaking trails. The brute edges out the prairie in the mud holes but not my much. The brute can powerslide but not as well as the prairie the Prairie fells "lighter" when you push it hard The brute has a nicer front suspension and is fully adjustable both have excellent brakes. I have found that the Prairie feels a little more stable when climbing hills and both will amaze you. I bought the prairie 700 because I liked the way it rode better. I drive fast down gravel roads and it was more fun for that type of riding and the handling was slightly better I also load my quad down with a passenger a lot and pull moose out of the bush and the sra is a definate advantage for pulling, towing and loading the back rack simply because the irs looses travel after the bike is loaded down it's not much but the sra looses no travel when you load it down that was a factor for me but is not a factor for everyone.