Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

SHOCKED,, Kawasaki drops their race program and all their teams!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SHOCKED,, Kawasaki drops their race program and all their teams!!!

This is very sad news, I have been informed that Kawasaki is dropping their race program,, I know for sure the quads and also heard that it may be all their bikes along with the quads! Yes, this does include team PBR! I believe we should all get in touch with whom ever we can at Kaw to let them know what a huge disappointment this is!

Old 10-22-2004, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

why the hell would they do that? racing costs $$$ yes but to drop everything at a moments notice is a problem. i bet one of the officers of the company is in trouble and needs to find money for the company fast before he gets fired.

Old 10-22-2004, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

I have not heard the exact reasoning behind it yet but I have spoken to some of the members of the current TEAM GREEN because I couldn't believe it but they said it is true! It makes no sense to me either especially when quad racing is more popular now than it has ever been![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-22-2004, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

Maybe Suzuki the new owner of Kawasaki wants to promote the Suzuki line now. Might be team yellow in the future, lol.

Old 10-22-2004, 02:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

Maybe a combo effort, Team Lime? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Good to see you out again Jim.

Scott

Old 10-22-2004, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

It looks like Kawasaki only has enough money to go after one market at a time, and has decided to go after the utility market. They released the Brute Force 750, and then the Brute Force 650, and have plans to phase out the Prairie 700 so they can force buyer interest onto their Brute Force line of quads.

I had said previously that Kawasaki would never phase out the Prairie 700 because they needed an ATV for their Team Green 4x4 class riders to race, but it looks like they have solved that problem now. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

I'm glad I bought an '05 Team Green Prairie, because the Team Green limited edition ATVs are going to be history now. You won't have that option for 2006.

OL

Old 10-22-2004, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

I can't believe they would drop the bike program. They have one of the hottest and most talented rides coming up through the ranks right now. Bubba Stewart is supposed the race the 250 supercross season next year. It is hard to believe that they would drop their GNCC series too. This has been a big help to that series.

Old 10-22-2004, 11:31 AM
Range Rover

That sucks for Team Green. Kawasaki certainly was the hero for supporting it's members. Something major must have occured for them to drop the team and their investment into the team. I feel bad for guys like Mike Penland who basically drove alot of the marketing of the Prairie, only to have it dropped. Maybe Mike will be looking elsewhere now!

Old 10-22-2004, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

You would think, from a marketing standpoint, this is a bad move for Kawasaki. Many people, myself included, look to see which quads, or bikes, are the most competitive in the racing series, when they purchase. Let's face it...... We all want the bragging rights of being able to say we have the best, and then pointing to guys like Mike Pendland to back it up.....

Old 10-22-2004, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider

I hope that the other manufacturers don't follow this trend too. It will be the mid 80's all over again. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

It will be interesting to see who picks up their riders. I know Honda is hurting for some supercross riders next season. I just can't imagine team green not being on the starting line!!! It will also be interesting to see what Mike Penland does if he will privateer the Kawasaki's or move to another brand.

Quick Reply: SHOCKED,, Kawasaki drops their race program and all their teams!!!