Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Not a Kawi, but looking for some help..

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 07:04 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not a Kawi, but looking for some help..

My 9 year old son owns a 2002 Sundiro Ridge Runner 90. Its been a fantastic machine for the little dude, and he really rips on it. He has eaten the rear disc brake down to nothing, and the dealer I bought this from no longer carries the line. I heard a rumor that this bike may be the same as the big name mini 90's, with different plastics on it, but I'm not so sure. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where I can find some brake shoes for these machines. I've searched the web and the local dealers, to no avail. I have even thought about having the local Polaris dealer order me a new rear brake assembly from a Pred 90 and converting it, but I'd rather save the cash if possible. Anyone have any ideas on this. Can I adapt the Pred 90 shoes to fit the existing brake somehow? The kid scares the bajeezuz out of me running it with just front brakes. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 11-07-2004, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

i am sure someone must have a disc very simalar to that like any atv parts place just find one that's close and MAKE it fit [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

not sure that helped but oh well

Old 11-07-2004, 07:59 PM
Range Rover

Thanks rols, I'm gonna have to do something soon. I have heard that there are places that may refurbish the old brake shoes with new braking material, but as far as anything like that locally around New York or northern Pennsylvania, I have no clue. Never thought that when I bought this toy for the boy, I'd have trouble finding something as simple as brake shoes for it. Oh well, still on the hunt for some tiny brake shoes!

Old 11-08-2004, 08:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

... make it fit, get the hammer out, eh rols? In an honest effort to help ya out here, ebay might be a good place to look. is it the shoes or the disc that needs replacing?

Old 11-08-2004, 06:50 PM
Pro Rider

lets see here hmmmm...crowbar, check....hammer, check....zipties, check...duck tape, check...now all you need is the parts

yeah i try to resort to force as much as possible but still use the normal sockets and wrenchs no vise grips (i always kill bolts with these and make the quad look bad)