Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Tecate 4 question price and information

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tecate 4 question price and information

I am looking into getting a tecate 4 soon and was wondering what is the average price for a half decent use tecate. I do want to put some money into it, not just in aftermarket part but fix it up like plastics, tires, top end, clutch and stuff like that. The reason if anyone is wondering is it for a project related to school. I want to get it in head of time so i can save some money and then make it a real sick quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] also i hear that they are pretty fast, and how are they in reliablity, because once i'm done it will be my new but old quad and i want it to be really sweet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-09-2004, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

A good going price is anywhere from $2000-$2500 around here. These quads are very rare, and parts are hard to get, like plastics. I do think you can still get most of the other things, just not plastic so you'll need to check Ebay or other online classifieds for that. Try and find an 88, they're supposed to have a slightly different and better suspension system, not 100% on that one though. The T4 was the fastest of the two-strokes. I've read many places stating a 70-75 MPH stock speed, which sounds about right. Reliabilty wise, they Aren't a Honda, but they're alright. I can't think of any real issues with them other than parts availability and they had the worst handling of the old 250's. Good luck in your venture with this.

Old 11-09-2004, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider

I did not think they go for that much[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] but if that's the case i'll look into them more and maybe get one for cheaper. Also i have an 84 trike that needs some major restoring and could use a lot of time and money in it. It runs really good but looks beat up. I had it since i was 6 and love it so much i never wanted to get rid of it, but now i have my lakota which i put close to a $1,000 in aftermarket parts and have not had money to spend on the trike. I know i can find most of the parts for it because in dennikirk they have like everything for it from plastics to top ends to exhaust so i might just think about that. I though i could get a T4 for under $1,000 and just fix what ever needed to be done but being that i have a trike waiting in the garage i might do that.

Old 11-09-2004, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

Well, that price is for a good running quad. A T4 that needs work can go for just about anything, the problem is finding them. They are rare. If you already have a Tecate-3 than why not fix that up?

Old 11-09-2004, 07:16 PM
Pro Rider

Yea i now they are rare, on ebay there is only like 2-3 of them a week if not less. Well like i said lets see what happens with the trike[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]