Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

This really sucks! Snowstorm, nothing to ride!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2004 | 04:44 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default This really sucks! Snowstorm, nothing to ride!

It was raining here lastnight when I went to bed, and when I got up this morning there was 7 inches of snow on the ground, now there's 9! The problem is, my Prairie is apart waiting for parts for the Thanksgiving weekend outing, and the Outlander is at my brothers house. It hardly ever snows up here, and its been at least 15 years since weve had more than 3 inches[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2004 | 04:59 PM
Trailblazer

I need to move out there. Its still 50 here in missouri. But hey thats the middle of the country weather for ya. Not to good when you push snow. No one around the country understand the weather in the midwest. snow one day and then 70 the next. But we have some awesome atv trails around here. Its all farm country here. Anyone who wants to come up, or down. Just give me a holler. Everyone is allways wellcome around this neck of the woods.

Old 11-21-2004 | 05:02 PM
|
Pro Rider

I would love to come visit, but getting away from my job is like pulling teeth. I already went to Lake Powell, camping at the beach for a week, and going to Hawaii for my anniversary in March, and my wife says we STILL don't get away enough. I really need to hit the lottery so I can come to visit all the cool people on this forum!

Old 11-21-2004 | 05:09 PM
Trailblazer

If it was only that easy. But were not much on hotel rooms here. We have 1 that id probably rahter sleep in the dirt. Bring a sleeping bag lol. But at least you have the glaims there in califorina. Not much for the 4X4 but great for speed. I dont ever get to get away either. Work sucks, When I win the lotery il give you some time off and you can come up here and go ridin.

Old 11-21-2004 | 05:11 PM
|
Pro Rider

A new best friend! I have been to Glamis only once, but I liked it. I will get some paddles for the Prairie before the season is over(we ride in the winter here).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-21-2004 | 05:15 PM
Trailblazer

Do you guys have hard winters up there. Are you in the north or south of cali. Im right up in the north west corner of missouri. Boring as crap. Thats a nice prairie.

Old 11-21-2004 | 05:21 PM
|
Pro Rider

Thanks! We're in Southern California, but we're at 3100 ft elevation. Lot's of great places to ride around here. I can ride from my house, a little bite. I can be in the desert in 25 minutes, the mountains in 1 hour, Dumont or Glamis dune in about 4 hours. Our weather is real nice here. It usually only freezes about 2 times a year, and in the summer we're around 95, at the most.

Old 11-21-2004 | 05:27 PM
Trailblazer

Seems like I need to move. Get out of this cowtown of 3,000 people. Its pretty boring around here. Flat cept for river bluffs. No desert, no mountains, just trees and grass. And cold from october till april. The only good thing around here is the Chiefs. Getting ready to go freez my nutz off at Monday Nite Football. Im excited for that. Only my second Monday night game. The Chiefs never got on monday night till last year. But now were back to normal. It sucks

Old 11-21-2004 | 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

That sucks that you don't have nuthin to ride in the snow. I got my Grizz out in the powder 13"on the ground and it was still coming down. First time to ride a quad in the snow. Geez it was fun. I am thinkin after thanksgiving weekend if the weather keeps up to get it out on the pond. Can't wait to get home and hit the drifts.

Old 11-21-2004 | 06:11 PM
Trailblazer

We get plenty of snow here. Usuauly were just in a snow drout for the past 3 years. We usuauly get a snow for a week strait. It was nice getting out of school for a week or so but now thoes days are over. Jobs suck.

Quick Reply: This really sucks! Snowstorm, nothing to ride!