Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

What do you think of your BF650 or BF750?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 12:11 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think of your BF650 or BF750?

Alright, BF riders, I'm planning to make the big purchase w/i the next 3-6 months, and I need your input.

There is alot of negativity floating around out there about the BF750i. How isolated are these issues? Are there any BF owners out there w/ good experiences (ie. no problems)? I know we all like the power, but what else do you like about the BF750? Are you happy with your purchase? Do you have any regrets? Where does it shine or perhaps fall short?

The BF650 intrigues me. I'd love to hear from some of you that have some experience with it. How does it handle? Is the power good? Is it on par w/ the Prairies?

Please address reliability, comfort, fun factor, cornering, mudding, climbing, braking, etc. You might also discuss your opinions of these 2 bikes' rear suspensions.

I don't need the fastest quad on the block. Just want a good reliable machine, that handles well, has plenty of power, is capable in most conditions, has disc brakes, and a diff locker. I value your honest opinions, gained from experience. Not your bias.

Talk to me.

Old 11-24-2004, 12:05 PM
Trailblazer

I own one of the new BF-650's and so far really like it. As far as dependability there is no reason to think that it would be any less dependable than the Prarrie last year since the new BF-650 sits in the P-700 frame, the motor itself has been around awhile. As far as handling much of that will depend on your riding style and where you plan to ride. In the past the Prarrie has been the Quad that everyone else has tried to catch up with and others are measured by the BF-650 is that Quad with new plastic. SRA and IRS issues are really a matter of where you plan to ride each has it's strong and weak points. I like the SRA for some stability, IRS plusher ride overall but the 650 is pretty nice of course weight with any machine will have an affect on how soft the ride is. The BF-750 has a few problems but from what I have read they are really minor and being corrected under warranty. You may see more talk about the BF-750 but keep in mind how many are being sold as compared to other brands, if you only sell 100 of one brand and 5,000 of another you have many more people putting them through their paces. I know where I live I have never seen a Polaris out on the trail, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yahama pretty much rule up here with some hondas. In the big bore here Kawasaki is the king, in mid class pretty much a toss up between the Suzuki Eiger and Yahama 450 of course price dictates some of this. Anyway bottom line both machines are good each has it's own good and bad points for me the decision was based on power, handling and cost. The 650 was 1000.00 less than the 750 and I was a cash buyer, had I financed I may have taken the 750 also the 650 just happened to be in stock in cammo and I wanted that since the finish is much more durable than the standard plastic also the tried and true suspension of the prarrie, of course if they had a cammo 750 in stock at the time who knows. The only thing I dislike about the 650 is the front end, it sure would have been nice if it had an adjustabe front end. Also didn't want the 750 right now I'm waiting for the 1500cc V-twin to upgrade.

Old 11-24-2004, 12:23 PM
Trailblazer

i am picking up a BF750 tonight. as for the jets and a-arm, these are the only 2 consistent problems that i have heard of, the dealer is changing the needle. the recall on the a-arm did not apply to the vin on my bike so apparently they have corrected that problem at the factory. i am also having them install some holeshot atr's, hopefully these tires will take care of some of the handling issues that some are talking about. i am switching over from a raptor 660, so power was a big factor in my decision to go with the 750.

Old 11-24-2004, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: CAridgerunner
The only thing I dislike about the 650 is the front end, it sure would have been nice if it had an adjustabe front end.
Get yourself some Progressive front suspension springs. They are adjustable and are way better than the very soft stock springs.

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-24-2004, 12:55 PM
Trailblazer

Since the front end is a Mcpherson strut system do they make an adjustable spring? I really haven't heard of people doing much on the front end. Would like to know though.

Old 11-24-2004, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CAridgerunner
Since the front end is a Mcpherson strut system do they make an adjustable spring? I really haven't heard of people doing much on the front end. Would like to know though.

Yep, I have the progressive springs on mine and they are adjustable. At the bottom of the spring, you can adjust it up or down. Elka also makes springs for the Prairie and I've heard that they are true dual rate springs. However, the Elkas cost more than the Progressives. I paid about $120 for my Progressive springs on e-bay...I think the Elkas go for about $230 or so.

Old 11-24-2004, 03:21 PM
Trailblazer

Well I found the Elka's a little inflation since you last priced them how about 514.00. Where did you get the progressive springs? Good to know there are some options here

Old 11-24-2004, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

Got my progressive springs on e-bay for about $120. Last time I looked on e-bay, they were about $130.

Old 11-24-2004, 04:47 PM
Banned

Where did you hear that Kawasaki is coming out with a SRA V-Twin 750 in 2006? Everyone I asked, including my dealer haven't heard such a thing.

But if this is true, I will be sure to wait until 2006 for the 750 engine.