Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

engine brake failure

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 04:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine brake failure

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]i have a 03 praire 360. the engine brake had ascreeching noise in it when it engaged and disengaged. so i took it off ,and took it apart to see if i could find the problem and found nothing. so iput it back on and turned the key it cut in and staarted to move then the 4wd light started to blink. i went for a ride the light still kept blinking and the brake still wouldnt work. so what did i do wrong? it was working before i removed it now when i installed it back on it wont work at all. oh by the way the 4wd drive actuator still works. and beforewhen i ride before the brake gave out altogether the 4wd light would come blinking on and the brake wouldnt work. i would have to shut off the bike to get the light to stop and get the brake working again. when i shut the key off and turn it back on agin the brake actuator woulkd cut in for a breif second the everything would be ok again . what could be the problem? please someone respond it is very disgruntling [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 12-02-2004, 09:56 AM
Pro Rider

mine was screeching like you described and i had to have it replaced because it was sticking.

Old 12-02-2004, 10:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

my actuator works when hoohed up direct to a battery. but when hooked to the bike it will not work, i cheked all fuses and wire connections and everything seems to be ok. thanks for input though. anyone else?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-02-2004, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

inside the belt cover you wil see the metal guide the actuator sits in (guess that's what you'd call it) well as that actuator turns it will travel up & down that metal guide. The actuator needs to be to the top of it's travel in order for it to work correctly you can do this by a direct connection from your battery until it gets to the top of it's travel, if it's out of position tit wont work...