Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

The dg5 was my secret weapon!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 02:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The dg5 was my secret weapon!

First of, thanks for everybodys tips for drag racing. Here is what was there,
1- my BF750 with dg5(well hidden) and itp atr's 25".
2- another bf750 with some kind of cut and welded up pipe mod, you could tell it was louder and he had a jet kit in it to.
3- A prairie 650 with a dyno cdi, hmf pipe really loud thing, jetting, and some kind of clutch spring change.
4- Suzukis new 700 king quad bone stock.
5- My big mouth neighbers polaris 700 fi with big tire kit.
6- some guy just came with them on a honda rancher, i think.

Here is how it went. It was getting dark so we only ran 5 times. Like you said to, I ran it in 4wd for every run and leaned way over the front. I had to let off sometimes on takeoff if it grabbed to much dirt.

1st run- me and king quad, my front came up to hard and i back off and then on again, he was ahead ten feet or so then but I passed him up pretty bad and let off at 50mph. It was a good looking atv but i didnt get a chance to look it over good.

2nd run- me and prairie650. I started easier and he pulled me about 2 lengths on start and then by 30mph I passed him went on.

3rd run- me and the other bf750. I took off about as hard as I could without it coming over and got ahead of him by about 3 lengths by 50mph. he stayed even with me to about 65 when we slowed down. When we came back to the start he said i had a cdi? I told him I didnt know what that was and he wanted to look under my seat so i did. You should have seen all of them scratching there heads in disbelive. Then he said he needed to clean his spark plugs or something lame like that. Then the prairie650 guy yanked something from under his seat maybe dyno cdi? and the bf750 guy pulled off his black box and put this on. I couldn't see it but it was a little smaller looking than what he took off? Could the prairie dyno cdi fit the bf?

4th run- me and the bf750 again with the prairies box. This time my takeoff was good but I only pulled ahead of him about 10 feet and then he stayed with me. after about 65, it looked like he was slowly gaining on me but by then it was to late and we were out of room.

last run- me and the other bf750 from a roll. He said his stock tires were not hooking up so we ran from 10mph. I still leaned up to keep the front down and still pulled him about 1 length or so just like before up to 65mph again. He was creeping up on me after 60 or so.

The guy on the polaris never ran anyone. He said he needed brake work and was afraid to go to fast. He is the guy that started this in the first place. After looking at my stock air filter they were relucktanly convinced that my bf was stock except for the itp kit. I told them it was a little lighter than stock, but I dont think it really is. They never saw the dg5 that I taped up under the frame. If I only used it this one time I think it was well worth the money just to see all of there faces when they got beat and looked under the seat and found nothing!! once again thanks for the tips.

P.S. I hope none of those guys are on here or my secrets over!?

Old 12-03-2004, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

Congradulations, I love that story, showed them.

Old 12-03-2004, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

yeah, the P650, P700 and BF750 take the same Dyna CDI box and it is about 1/2 shorter than the stock CDI. are you all about the same hieght and weight? I would think the Dyna CDI and the DG5 would boost a quad exactly the same and the last race should have been even.

Old 12-03-2004, 09:01 PM
Trailblazer

Great story! To bad the guy with the polaris had "break problems" I was curious how bad he would have gotten beat. Im kind of new to these prarie mods, does the cdi module your talking about make a noticeable difference in acceleration or just a slight increase. I have an 03 p650 that suites me just fine but hearing about all this gives me the urge for more power. Also about how much are those modules? thanks.

Old 12-04-2004, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

My buddies stock 02 650 can beat me with my Dyna Ignition installed in his bike and me running the stock CDI and holeshot module. I'll pull him 6-10 bikes with the DYNA installed in my bike though.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Great story Man! I knew you'd kick ***!!! Tell me about this dg5 thing....How much? Where can I buy one? How is it installed? I think I might need one...
Thanks and congrats again.
Roger

Old 12-09-2004, 11:21 PM
Trailblazer

I think every polaris has "BREAK PROBLEMS" hehe it donset matter you woudl of smoked it anyways. They dont have near the speed of a bf. Awesome story too. Im gonna have to do that.

Old 12-10-2004, 03:18 PM
Trailblazer

ducati748, I just called 714-299-3865 and talked to somebody called Don. Its gives you over 7hp more on the brute and it connects to 4 wires.