Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Finally retested top-speed with v-force cams installed

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally retested top-speed with v-force cams installed

Some of you guys may recall that last summer (August maybe) I installed used v-force cams and also mounted 22" wheels on my P650. Ever since that time, I have wanted to mount my old 25" wheels and re-test my top-speed to see if the v-force cams made a difference with the top-speed. Well, today I finally re-tested top-speed using my old 25" wheels. (25" bearclaws mounted on c-series rims).

Last summer (before the v-force cams), my best top-speed with the 25" wheels was 66 mph on a flat, level road in the back of my neighborhood (a secluded road in the flood plain where no houses are located). Today, I returned to the same exact road and discovered that 66mph was still my best top-speed (in 3 or 4 attempts). While I am honestly a little disappointed that I did not gain anything on top-end, I am still happy with these cams b/c I still believe that it seems to have more acceleration/power near the mid to upper rpm range. Its a shame that I didn't have the time to re-test the top-speed with these 25" tires immediately after I put these cams in so that I could eliminate any differences that the passage of time (3 months) might make (i.e., different temperature, a little more wear and tear on my CVT belt, etc.).

PS - For the record, my best top-speed with 22" wheels on the same road was 74 on the speedo (but when corrected for the difference in wheel size, this top-speed is 65 mph). That means I only lose about 1 mph at top-speed with the 22" wheels installed...which is not bad at all in my view.

Well, I'm off to bed now...I have to get up at 2am to drive to deep East TX tomorrow for a local XC race...Wish me luck!

Happy trails...

Old 12-05-2004, 12:48 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally retested top-speed with v-force cams installed

maybe you should try that cam mod that one guy did on his artic cat where he claimedhe could beat p650s and p700s easy. i think he used ford parts.