Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Paddle's on Prairie

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paddle's on Prairie

The 25/12/9's I can't wait to get them!

Old 12-15-2004, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

Let us know what kind of trany chatter you get from them, outerlimit said the 24" on V-forces realy help that problem over the 22", I bet the 25' might be better yet. I also bet the 25" tire on the 9" rim will help make them less ridged with all that sidewall.

Old 12-15-2004, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

cc1999,
I weighed my 25x12x9 Extremes mounted on the 9x9 ITP T-9 wheels, and compared that to the weight of my 26x10x12 Holeshot ATRs mounted on 12x7 ITP C-series type 5 wheels. Each sand tire/wheel weighed 16 lbs less than a Holeshot tire/wheel, for a total unsprung weight savings of 32 lbs on the rear axle. Combine that with a weight savings of 22 lbs with a set of front sand tires/wheels, and you have a whopping performance increase.

OuterLimit

Old 12-15-2004, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Outerlimit; A little off topic here but have you had any cooling problems with your FST 800. I am still fighting mine. I have upgradded the coolant the jetting is testing around 12.5 air/fuel on the dyno and we removed the t-stat all together. its better but a little hard running for 5 or 10 mins and the temp light comes on and the coolant starts to boil. Hows yours dooing?

Old 12-15-2004, 12:56 AM
Pro Rider

My big bore kit is still being installed. I will try an engine oil cooler if I have any cooling problems though.

OuterLimit

Old 12-15-2004, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

I see. Well there were a few things that we were not told about the kit, The most important is to rerout the oil breather tube out of the air box or you will fill your carbs with oil, I found out today we should have changed the plugs from #7's to #8's and 93+ octane will help my cooling problem. There is alot of info needed when doing one of these kits I am still learning more all the time. I just wish FST would write an instuction manuel for this kit.

I bought one of those 05 DS650's the other day, it just didnt' fit me right killer on the back ad knees for me. I am actualy taking it back tomorrow. However though you might likre to know the FST 800 is just as fast. on a slight down hill the FST was faster, on a slight uphill the DS was faster. Keeping in mind that I had the 22" extreams on the DS and the bighorns on the FST. If I had the paddles like yours I have no dowbt the FST would have killed it up or downhill.

I noticed that link on this forum is using your pic. Do you know those guy's?

You are going to love that 800. Its awsome!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-15-2004, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the heads up on the #8 plugs, Four Stroke Tech does tend to drop these kits in your lap and expect you to read their minds. But I actually have had oil in my airbox with an entirely stock Prairie 700, so that problem is due to porr designing on Kawasaki's part, only it is made worse by the bigger bore and higher compression of the Four Stroke Tech kit. Still, it would be nice if Four Stroke Tech gave you a print out with a list of things to watch for, and what to do to correct them if they occured.

And riding that DS650 is definitely like riding a bull in a china shop, LOL. Mine is modded a little, and that thing grunts and snorts like an angry bull, and it can turn me into silly putty in no time. When I ride my Prairie as hard and fast as I can for an hour I feel just fine, and haven't even started to breath hard, but if I ride my DS as hard and fast as I can for fifteen minutes I am panting like I just finished a 400 yard sprint, my arms are pumped up solid as a rock, and I need to rest for a minute or so. I like to think I push it harder on the DS, but I'm not always sure of that, LOL.

Old 12-16-2004, 11:30 PM
Trailblazer

jan 04 i installed scat track paddles on my 02 prairie about two weeks before going to glamis. they were the 25x12x9 extremes recommended by scat tract at that time. i went to screwy loiues on deer valley rd. they hooked me up with a set of tires and douglas ultimate rims. talk about a weight difference, traction is fantastic. in addition i have a dyna tech cdi and a dalton clutch spring. i've yet to be beat off the line for the 1st 30 to 40 yards then the raptors ,banshees,and 450 leave me. unless the 400ex's have been modified i do beat them. i'm new to the form. but would be interested in any info on the 756 or 785 kit available through fst or kawasaki. do the cams and springs need to be changed. i have a 700 belt so far. plan on doing nyroc's muffler. and a napa airway. how is the dependability after the big bore kit. i do hunt and trail ride, am i expecting one bike to be to versittle ? power and speed for the dunes but slow joe for hunting and the trails. i've called fst they've said only the 756 is available for my bike but i see fst 785's listed on other rider profiles. they recommend doing cams and springs. does anyone make a cam & spring kit for the 785 kit? lots of ideas not much loot have to save my pepsi bottles to make upgrades.

Old 12-16-2004, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

You might try talking to penland racing, I think he has a cam kit for the 650, its not listed on the website so you will have to call him to get info and prices.here is a link to his site myurl.

I ordered some skats today I could not deside on edges or extreams so I ordered both on T-9 ITP's I went 9 paddle on both sets. I will let everyone know how they workout when I get them. They said it would be about 3 weeks for delivery

hey oldpepsi man i was wondering about trany chatter, whats been your experince?

Old 12-17-2004, 11:00 AM
Trailblazer

i have tranny chatter but only in 4 wheel drive a service teck that works on artic cats rode it told me it's just in the linkage my son and i a suppose to do the nyroc adjustment sat. i'll let you know how it goes. thanks for the insite on mike penland.

Quick Reply: Paddle's on Prairie