Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

lets here from some mojave owners!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2000, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just looked at a 2001 Mojave and i'm impressed!

Looks like a solid ATV. Didn't get to ride it, but i sat on it and played with the controls.

Over all, it feels more like a blaster to me, which i like the small size with my big *** on it (6' 185 pounds). I prefer small ATVs because they are better on tight trails and can be tossed around.

If you would write a short review of what you like and don't like about the ATV for me.

Reliablilty, stock power, (slightly modded power with pipe, airfilter comobo), handling on tight trails, handling on jumps, how is the ride?

for 4000 is it worth it?

Coming from a 300ex would i feel like it has less power. My 300ex is beyond repair in my mind so i'm going to sell it to some poor unsuspecting sucker.

Old 09-09-2000, 07:23 PM
Trailblazer

I have a 2000 Mojave that other than the new set of Renthal handlebars is stock and I freakin love it. I ride tight woods and let me tell you it will go damn near anywhere and keep up with anything until you get it in the dunes or on an open fire road then it falls short. Top end wise it has the same top speed as the 300ex. It also has every bit as much power as the 300ex and I prefer the Mojaves DOHC engine design because it seems to rap out quicker than the single cam design 300ex. Not taking anything away from the 300ex because it is a fine machine but I had the choice of the Mojave or the 300ex and I am very happy with my choice. The only things that I don't like are the factory tires, mud flaps and the air box design. I would highly recommend that you replace the factory meats with some 6 ply ITP's. New tires are the next thing on my want list but they will have to wait until after my wife has our first baby due in Jan. Hope this helps you out. You are going to have those "haters" out there that will tell you that the Mojave is junk but I wouldn't take anything that they say seriously. Chances are they don't even have a machine of there own and are only talking trash because they want to get your dander up.

Old 09-09-2000, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for your help.

Anyone else have some opinions?

I did notice the bars set to low for me. What bend did you replace it with?

Old 09-09-2000, 11:28 PM
Range Rover

i am thinkin about a mojave too or a blaster which do you like better. i have a 1987 mojave 110 and it is a big peace of **** bought it for 850 bucks when i was like 10 and have spent about 900 bucks on parts had to rebuild the hole engine transmission and all new axle new sprokets new wireing new coil like 3 new batteries new seat now i eather have to try and find a used body for it or buy a bunch of crap for the front end because the axle bareings are shot the shocks suck and the tires shake back and forth plus it aint got no back shock so it bounces all over the place. im eather going to find a used body for it or i may try and put the engine in a blaster frame i can get the rolling frame for 600 bucks and i think the engine will fit in the frame with a little work but would i have problems with the wireing o well i hope the 2001 mojaves last better than mine has.

Old 09-10-2000, 08:41 AM
Pro Rider

Why would you put a 110 motor in a 200cc chassis?

Don't even waste your time, the blaster is much more powerful!

Old 09-11-2000, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

I have two Mojaves and absolutely love them. They are great all around bikes. Super in the woods. Both of mine are modded, one a little more than the other. They never break and just keep comimg back for more. Faster than a 300ex and the more modded one can hold it's own with a 400ex in anything short of a long drag race. Poor air box, I removed it and run a clamp on K&N with outerwear. Have to be careful around deep water with this setup though. I think you would love the mojave unless you ride only in the dunes.

Old 09-11-2000, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

Mojaveaddict is right about keeping up with a 400 and they are great machines.

Old 09-11-2000, 06:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

I own a 1988 Mojave 250 that I've owned since december of 88.It's been raced on MX tracks and flat track races a couple of times, but mostly I race it in County Fairs in ATV Rodeos.The only problem that I've had with it is last year I had to replace to clutch cable.

The mods that I have on it are a DG Pipe, removed air box with K&N conical filter, rejetted carb, 11 tooth front sprocket, Dura Blue +4 axle, K&N crankcase vent filter on the motor, Cheng Shin tires and advanced idle speed.

For pictures and more info my webpage is www.community.webtv.net/waahehe/

Old 09-12-2000, 10:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

Here is a great review about the mojave.
http://www.atving.com/editor/review/...ave/review.htm

Old 09-12-2000, 10:23 PM
Trailblazer

I went with a set of CR bend motocross bars. I am a large guy with very wide shoulders. The added lenght of the CR bend bars allow me to get more bitein the tight turns.

Quick Reply: lets here from some mojave owners!