Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

prairie vs. vforce

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 10:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default prairie vs. vforce

i am considering trading my vforce in on a praire and am curious about the prairie. for those of you with a prairie and/or have ridden both, how does the p700 compare to the vforce? will a p700 keep up with a Z400 Suzuki (my son's new atv coming)?

thanks for any comments.

Old 12-15-2004, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it should be dead even with a z400 right until top end then the z should beat it by a lil and you can judge how it would do against your v force by how it does against the z

Old 12-16-2004, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

I raced my bro in law's Z400 and beat him every time and did the same to a TRX 450 with a novice rider aboard[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2004, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider

I have owned both and still own the my original P650 and two Twin Peaks (P700's). I thought the V was very stiff and not much faster. However the V is a little sportier and a better jumper. I like a fast smoth ride and 4 wheeldrive at a tuch of button. It realy comes down to your own personal style of riding.

I might add that Praires seem to have a little better resale value than the V's, at least around here.

I have raced several Z400's and the P700 is faster stock to stock, but look out for the modded Z400' they can get very fast with the right modds.

Old 12-16-2004, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

I like the V-force a lot, it's fun, lofts the front really easy, handles pretty good, jumps OK...

The P700 is not, much if any slower, has a plusher and more compliant suspension, and delivers a smoother ride. It doesn't yank the front up as easy , and doesn't jump as well. The P700 is THE machine on hills and steep trails, you put that sucker in 4WD high and it just yanks you up the hills very imprssively. It's a blast to throw around on trails, but not quite as confidence inspiring as the V-Force. It will keep up with, and probably lead the Z400 easily. IN the sand the P is no slouch. Even in 2WD there is no where it won't go happily. Here's a tip, when your on the drag strip on sand or dirt, you put that sucker in 4WD High, and you will leap out in front of the V-Force by two bike lengths, and then pull pretty even...

I really like the V-force a lot, and if I was to pick between the Raptor and the V , I would probably pick the V, especially with it's larger ergonomics...the Raptor feels way small after the P and the V.

But A pick bewteen the P and the V, my vote is the P, because it's way fun, 4WD, and tows and carries 250+ lbs of beer, or whatever...

Old 12-16-2004, 11:46 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the feedback guys.

My thought/intention on trading the V was to 1.) have a back up for my Griz if it breaks when I go mudding or trail riding. That way I will always have a backup. Important since I drive 4/5 hours to go riding with friends in Texas sometimes. Seems the Prairie can do that when properly equipted. And 2.) when my son and I go sport riding, one that I can do that with as well and not have him whoop me too bad (just kidding). He likes to jump, but I don't do to much jumping anymore these days, but I do like to drag race a bit. Seems like the Prairie is the most solid and flexible ATV I have ever read or heard about; while the V is pretty single focused. etc.

>>look out for the modded Z400' they can get very fast with the right modds

Yep, like an extended swing arm, pipe, jets, etc. Not to mention a 21 year old 150 pound rider. That beats me, 245 lbs, on my V force most of the time.

Old 12-16-2004, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

If you buy a Prairie 700 for a backup for your Grizzly, you will quickly find that your Grizzly just sits around and collects dust all the time, because the Prairie is so much more fun to ride. I'll bet there will be a Grizzly for sale within the next six months. And you will be able to make your Prairie surprisingly quick with just some simple mods as well. Open up the airbox, use a K&N air filter, re-jet it, and use a Dynotek CDI and an HMF exhaust, along with a little clutch tuning, and you will beat a stock V-Force easily. With those changes I was able to stay in front of a piped and jetted YFZ for the first 200' of a 300' drag race. That is pretty good when a 600 lb. 4x4 can stay in front of the fastest sport quad out there.

Old 12-16-2004, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider

Mud, the prairie with supply you with many grins[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2004, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OuterLimit
If you buy a Prairie 700 for a backup for your Grizzly, you will quickly find that your Grizzly just sits around and collects dust all the time, because the Prairie is so much more fun to ride. I'll bet there will be a Grizzly for sale within the next six months. And you will be able to make your Prairie surprisingly quick with just some simple mods as well. Open up the airbox, use a K&N air filter, re-jet it, and use a Dynotek CDI and an HMF exhaust, along with a little clutch tuning, and you will beat a stock V-Force easily. With those changes I was able to stay in front of a piped and jetted YFZ for the first 200' of a 300' drag race. That is pretty good when a 600 lb. 4x4 can stay in front of the fastest sport quad out there.
OuterLimit you are exacty right about the grizz collecting dust, once you own a P650/700. I bought one of the silver eddion grizzley's back in the fall of 2001 when they first came out and thought it was great, until I started hering about how great the p650's were and by spring 2002, I had to try one. after a year of the grizz collecting dust I sold it and bought a twin peaks (P700 in Blue), and still can't find anything out there I would rather ride. I have looked at all the new quads and test road all the big bore's and still come up with the P700 or maybe the new BF650 (prairie chasis new plastic) as still my top pic for best all around quad.

Old 12-17-2004, 12:38 AM
Trailblazer

well i have pulled the trigger and am picking up the 05 p700 in camo tomorrow. V force is going and the Z250 is going with it. Picking up a Z400 to replace the z250.

Plans for the p700 include 28 inch 589's (for mud, trail, light sand), w/new ITP wheels, spacers if required, lift kit, jet kit, filter, hmf exhaust, clutch (spring or kit?), winch, (power pack, or module or CDI or something like that - have to research this component i hear/read about).

Quick Reply: prairie vs. vforce