Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Rediculous Clutch Springs

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 11:44 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rediculous Clutch Springs

I went to the kawi dealer today to get the epi black spring and they told me the spring was 30 dollars, far enough, but then I went to the service department to talk about installing it, they told me you need two special tools which cost $80 a piece or i could pay them 100 dollars to install it, is this not rediculous for one secondary clutch spring that cost $30????? have yall had the same cost with changing springs?

Old 12-16-2004, 11:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm pretty sure thats bull, you dont need any special tools for the secondary I dont think. Nyroc's website and some others have some good tutorials.

Old 12-17-2004, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

You do need a special tool to change the secondary spring, although you should be able to make one yourself. My Kawi dealer used his tool and changed my secondary spring for free while I waited, even though I had bought the spring somewhere else.

Old 12-17-2004, 09:23 AM
Pro Rider

Dealers are out to make money.

I removed and carried my secondary to a dealer and they wanted $30 just to put on the snap-ring.

Your best bet is to order you a Primary Clutch puller bolt or clutch springs from RCR at http://www.rittercycle.com and visit NYROC http://atv.dnsalias.com or Kissodeath http://kod.gotdns.com website for instructions. The Primary puller bolt is a handy tool for quick belt adjustments and pulling your primary. Make your snap ring removal tool from a 2" metal pipe cap. Ends tend to flare on PVC. A 12" 3/8 drive ractchet also makes a handy secondary clutch holder tool, just put the square drive in one of the round holes on the secondary, brace other end against frame, and apply tension to secondary clutch bolt with breaker bar/socket. Hardest part is getting the snap-ring on and off. You can make tool for less than $10 and save you alot of money in the long run on doing your own clutch maintenance.

Happy Trails[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

TUFFENUFF

Old 12-17-2004, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider

YOU NEED THE SPRING COMPRESSOR TOOL , NOT THE BOLT PULLER. you can make one verry cheap from parts at your local hardware store. go to nyroc's web site and get a good look at it and get the parts.

the dealer is trying to rip you off, you only need one tool.

Old 12-18-2004, 10:47 AM
Range Rover

bwm
Check my pics....
clutch tool made from pipe reducers and threaded rod
pretty crude but effective
and a primary puller is not nessary for this job, but still would be a wise investment
"The Primary puller bolt is a handy tool for quick belt adjustments and pulling your primary"
Good luck

Kasi

Old 12-19-2004, 07:17 AM
Pro Rider

the only tool you need can be made........look at nyroc site for details. the bolt can be removed with an impact wrech.

good luck and screw dealer service depts...........

Old 12-19-2004, 03:10 PM
Range Rover

I have changing the secondary spring using an arbor press is quite easy. Probably not as safe as the compressor but if you have one available then???

Old 12-23-2004, 03:37 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: cartman308
the only tool you need can be made........look at nyroc site for details. the bolt can be removed with an impact wrech.

good luck and screw dealer service depts...........
To Cartman108,

Why didn't you like the dial a jets? I was thinking of trying them out.

Old 12-25-2004, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider

The tool needed is also needed for regular maintenance. IE belt adjustment the procedure for replacing the spring is the same. You need to learn how to do basic maintenance some time or are you going to bring it in to check the tires to ?

Quick Reply: Rediculous Clutch Springs