Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Fixing a "Tippy" Brute

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixing a "Tippy" Brute

BTW - I couldn't believe it! The sway bar (stabilizer) is only $48.75 at ronayres.com. I guarantee that if I do get a BF750, some experimenting will be taking place with this unit.

Old 12-28-2004, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NovaKaw650.Has anyone just put better tires on the stock rims rather than both aftermarket rims and tires. I'm just wondering how negative the effect is from the stock tires when it comes to body roll (although the tires don't cause true body roll, they cause the entire machine to feel as if it's leaning over if the tires flex too much).
NovaKaw , I went with ATR radials on my stock wheels and this ATV is as stable as and more stable than other IRS machine, you get a tippy "feeling" from the height but as you get experince from riding in off camber situations you quickly realize this is a really stable quad , I came from prairie 650 , I had spent a lot of time on Grizzlys and sportsmans and thought I would never be happy with an IRS quad but after a short time , I have come to love the brute , its does not slide well , thats not from being tippy, its from so much more rear bite than a prairie. The height has its disadvantages in the woods because you are a little higher and eat a few more spiderwebs but it is nice in the water , since you are higher but in turn so are the atv's snorkles.

Old 01-03-2005, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

Don't know what the swaybars on a 750 are made of, but if they are made of any kind of spring steel, you can kiss the idea of welding on them goodbye. If they are made of any kind of spring steel and you weld on them, I <u>guarantee</u> they will break. They might last for a while, but when you really tax that swaybar (like when you are powersliding a corner and drop the outside rear tire into a hole), it will break like dry spaghetti. I've been welding over 20 years and have had a few guys ask me to weld spring steel and it just isn't worth the risk. Thats why swaybars are made in one piece and not welded.