Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Supertrapp IDS2 or DG Xcellerator

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supertrapp IDS2 or DG Xcellerator

So holeshotz8436, did you order the DG or supertrapp? Can wait to hear about it. Also the chrome header looks sweet and shows a lot more of a racy look to the lakota.

Old 01-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

i am planning on ordering the DG but i didnt order it yet, i need to cash some christmas checks first. i am just going to get the pipe from denniskirk and the K&N jet kit and the K&N airfilter from rockymountain all at once.

vunit- that sucks about the z250 and the guy taking your money! you should report it to ebay.
I had my clutch kit put in by my local dealer and it was 130 for installation, but i saw the quad there when it was appart while they were doing it and it looked easy. it shouldnt be too hard for you to do ityour self, especially if you have a repair manual. o and if you do it make shure to order a new clutch cover gasket.

Also does anyone know if the DG grab bar for a mojave will fit the lakota

Old 01-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah i know i had my mom deal with it and ebay was being a bitch about it and saying stupid **** about how it was not their falt and stuff. Whatever man i was pissed and for sure if i find out who did it they are going to get it! But anyways that sweet that your getting that pipe. Are you getting the one without a spark arrestor $270.00 or with $308.00 Thanks for the info about the clutch, now i just have to get some money together and then i'll get that, because i still have a lot to do to my lakota.

Yes the Dg alloy grab bar will just fit the lakota. I am getting one soon and it's on my "soon list" as you can see. Are you going to have the jets put in by your dealer or are you going to do it.

I'll probably do the clutch myself i'm pretty good at things like that. Keep me updated on when you get the pipe and how you like it.

Old 01-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider

Also holeshotz8436, you gotta get some pics of your lakota when you get your pipe and stuff. She gonna look nice.

Old 01-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

i am going to get the arrestor because i do track and trail riding, and i heard their was not much of a diffirence between the non arrested and the spark arrested one. I think im going to try to jet it myself, atvconnection put one in a lakota and it showed step by step how to do it and it dosent look to hard.

o and ill put up some pictures of the lakota as soon as i get pipe on

Old 01-05-2005, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds good, you will save a lot of money if you jet it yourself. The total cost for me to buy my pipe and jet my quad was $460.00. Good luck with the jetting and i can't wait to see the pics you put up.

Also did you buy it yet?

Old 01-06-2005, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider

no , not yet because i found a web site that sells the pipe and they have a powerup kit for the laktoa for $130 that comes with a jetkit, k&N airfilter , a prefilter and a filter service kit. now i just need to decide whether i should get the whole kit or just the filter and jet kit.

Did you get a chance to take your quad in the snow yet?

Old 01-06-2005, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

o and how many discs do you have in your xcellerator

Old 01-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

With that kit that your going to get for your lakota it will help you out even more with power than just the jet kit only. A few minutes ago i got back in from plowing my drive way with my polaris xplorer 250. Last night it started to snowed here and i was out for a few hours messing around and stuff with my lakota, it was a total blast. The lakota's are fun in the snow. Also i am running 12 disc in my xcclerator right now and it sounds sweet. Your lakota is gonna be nice with the xcclerator pipe and that power kit.

Old 01-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

o and just woundering why you got the twin airfilter over the k&n, because i heard the K&N lets alot of dirt into the engine anyway

Quick Reply: Supertrapp IDS2 or DG Xcellerator