Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Supertrapp IDS2 or DG Xcellerator

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supertrapp IDS2 or DG Xcellerator

Just wondering which would be a better all around exhaust system for a kawasaki lakota

Old 01-02-2005, 07:36 PM
Pro Rider

Hey holeshotz8436, well of course i'm going to say the DG Xcclerator because i have it. I know most people are going to say that the supertrapp is a better system but i disagree i think that the Xcclerator is better. First off i love loud quads and the xcclerator sure make it loud and sound nice. The power i gained from this pipe was insane, i also had a moose jet kit put in because it a full system and is needed. I also like the way the xcclerator looks compared to the supertrapp with it's black header. But i noticed a difference in power as soon as i put it on. Than a week later when i had my jet kit put in i even noticed more power, now with my pipe and jet kit plus airfilter i can wheelie in 1, 2, 3, 4th gear. You gain so much more power through low and mid end and it revs out more in top end. You also already have the 13 tooth sprocket which when you put the exhaust on you will see a huge difference. The only problem i faced so far with xcclerator is when you wheelie and stand her up the pipe hit the ground and if you are doing a wheelie in 4th like me the pipe takes a beating. Mine right now is all beat up and bent up, but i like the way it looks. All i needed to fix it is a new end cap, but i know it will happen again so i'm not going to waste the $. Over all i love the xcclerator and would not be happier with a different pipe, BIG POWER GAIN IN THAT PIPE. Good luck!

Also where in Cheshire CT do you live my friend lives up there and he has a quad.

Old 01-02-2005, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

i live towards the southington end where in cheshire does your friend live and what kind of quad do they have. also thanks for the info on the pipe, i was mostlikely going to get the DG but i just wanted to see what people thought about the 2 first, thanks for the info

Old 01-03-2005, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

My friend lives 1-2 miles from the school and he has a home page on this site, if your look in gallery under (S) Styelz is his name and he has a z250 with parts. Also hope you get the DG Xcclerator i think i'm the only one on this site now that has that pipe for a lakota, you'll make two. It a sweet pipe and looks great and sound sick! Also make sure you have the jetting done right because if it's not tuned right to that pipe than you may not get the total power out of the pipe. Another question do your mudlites hit your battery box and how is the DP clutch kit i was going to get that clutch kit for my quad if i can't find the K&G.

Old 01-03-2005, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

i dont no any one with a z250 but it looks like a sweet quad, i was thinking of getting a z my self but then i came accross the lakota

the mudlites are great tires and i have never gotten stuck with them even going thru really thick mud, they do hit the battery box but all i had to do to fix it was grind off a tab that was sticking out for the battery box plate and they dont rub anymore. My axle is also bent kinda bad so i think if it wasnt the tires would hardly rub or not rub at all without me even gringing the the tab off the plate.

the DP clutch kit is great and i have been beating the crap out of it for the past 5 or 6 days and it dosent feel like it fades after a few hours of me driving around a track and hitting jumps or going thru trails. i picked this over the KG because it comes with steel plates and the frictions are probally about the same quality, if not better then the KG, the price is also gret.

thanks for the pipe info, i think ill order the DG pipe and the K&N jet kit tommarowl, also what size jet do you have and did you put the kit in your self or did you have a dealer do it?

Old 01-03-2005, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

Hey holeshotz8436, i almost got a z250 too until i got robbed on ebaymotors. Do you believe that **** i mean it sounded so good until the person got my $ and ran and z250 are not that cheap. Well anyway i never got the $ back "son of bitch" but all in all i am much happyer with my lakota. You made a good choice too. Well thanks for telling me about the mudlites, i looked into those tires too but someone said only get them if you are getting wheel spacers or a new axle. But whatever, i got it down to two tires the holeshots or the rarzs, not sure yet which ones. Another thing is your DP clutch kit did you put that in yourself or have someone do it for you, because i want to get a clutch kit but not spend more than how much it costs. The Xcclerator where are you ordering it from, because i got mine from rockymountain and it's $315.00 if you get it there and in denniskirk it $308.00 w/spark arrestor. Last time i check they both had them in stock. I also called them up about the jetting and they said that it does not have to be jetted it was a women on the phone and she was full of ****. It's a full system of course it has to be jetted. So i called up my dealer and i know the guy well and he was like what is she on crack or something! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] So anyways he told me to bring it in 3 days from then and i did. He put in a moose jet kit i not sure of the size of the main jet that he put in but what ever he did my quad runs like a champ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I love it and you can fell the power gain with the jets in. If i were you i would call your dealer and say that you got a DG Xcclerator stage 3 exhaust and say i need it jetted what size do i need and how much will it cost. Mine cost $170.00. The jet kit was $60.00 and $90.00 to have it installed in my quad, but i said hey, i get it done once so it's finished and it's done right [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I have never had a problem with the way my quad runs and i know that the jets can affect your quad if not done right. My friends 300ex never started in the cold and ran like **** in the winter. My friends z250 runs ruff until it really warmed up. But not me i start my quad once and it runs fine the whole time. Have it done by your dealer it well worth the $170.00, believe me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-03-2005, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

I like the supertrapp because you can change it to how you ride for ex. you can change the quiet core to a race core you also can put more disc's in for more sound and power or just not run the disc's for more sound. It is also cheaper than the dg but not near as shiny.

Old 01-03-2005, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

Your can do the same thing with the DG as with the supertrapp, well if you get the w/spark arrestor one like mine. Right know i'm running 12 disk in my pipe and it's loud as a bitch and if you want it to be quite take some out. As far as power i love the performance i got from my pipe.

Old 01-04-2005, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

i cant tell you what the power performance was because i went right with the 345 kit after i bought the pipe so id had zero ride hours on it. you can also take the end disc out for even more noise and power if that is your thing

Old 01-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

Both are great pipes,with around the same performance,but if it were me i would go dg,just because the dg comes with the full exhaust in chrome (including headpipe).

Quick Reply: Supertrapp IDS2 or DG Xcellerator