Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

v force running like crap !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default v force running like crap !!!!!

My 04 V is running like crap, she has around 3 hours on her. Today after riding for about 20 minutes the bike started to develop what felt like misfire and had a huge loss in power. While on the trails I pulled the plugs but they looked fine, checked over the air and fuel filter and those looked fine too. It starts right up and idles fine but once above around 3000rpm its bucks and backfires. Even though the plugs LOOKED fine could one still be bad ??? This bike is 2 weeks old on its 2nd tank of gas and bone stock. Any ideas ???

Old 01-02-2005, 11:07 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds like a warranty situation to me bro. No need for you to sweat it, you just spent good american dollars for a japenese machine that runs like new, have them straighten it out.

God bless,

-BunnMan

Old 01-02-2005, 11:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

Im not to worried because of the warranty but its such a hassle for me to have to try and take off from work and get a truck so I can bring it to the dealer, I was hoping that this could be a simple problem others may have experienced and I can trouble shoot it myself, I saw in another post about some one with a simmilar problem some one mentioned the tank vent hose ??? I guess I can look into that, my main question here I guess was about the plugs cause it does feel like an ignition problem and if any one else has had an experience where the plugs looked fine but one was bad.

Old 01-03-2005, 12:56 AM
Trailblazer

The tank vent being plugged will cause a rough run after it has been running for awhile (5-20mins.). But for the first few minutes you would have full power throughout the RPM range. If that's your situation simply take the gas cap off once you experience the problem and see if it goes away. Also could have some trash in the carb if that'ts not the problem. try the gas cap trick and post results.

The plugs are likely OK if they look good but they are cheap if you want to give that a whirl.

God bless,

-BunnMan

Old 01-03-2005, 08:16 AM
Pro Rider

my buddy had the same thing happen to him...apparently he had to get the whole carb replaced, well thats what he said but i think they just did some jetting

Old 01-03-2005, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider

Hellbound...

Same thing happened to mine a long time ago. It idled fine, but had no power. Plugs were fine. It turned out to only be running on 1 cylinder. It was a spark plug wire that came dicconnected. It was not on the plug side of the wire, but on the other side where it connects to a little box. I pluged it back in and has been fine ever since. Good luck...

Old 01-03-2005, 04:41 PM
Range Rover

Check to see if your choke is sticking a little. Mine had a bunch of mud that got packed into the choke causing a little bit of a problem. Ran great at lower RPM but would backfire and run like crap when wide open.

Old 01-03-2005, 08:10 PM
Range Rover

does it havew a parkin brake
sometime they will stick asnd itll do that
my dad wolverine does that when the brake sticks

Old 01-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

I was at Hollister a few months back and some kid off loaded his Raptor right next to me and he had a hell of a time getting it to run right, until I walked over and without saying a word, I touched his parking brake switch, and walked away....He disengaged it and looked over like....what a dummy.....

I know the parking brake mechanism is completley different, but you might have a stuck switch..... You might try inspecting that circuit.... maybe it's an easy fix....otherwise.....warranty........A dealer will usually try and get a brand new machine right back in there to satisfy the customer.....

Old 01-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

Could have got some water in your carb/tank? Ensure the petcock is in the full-on position. Drain your carb bowls.

Quick Reply: v force running like crap !!!!!