Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Sprocket size?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sprocket size?

I was wondering how much low end I would lose with a one size bigger sprocket? Or How much top end I would lose with a one size smaller sprocket? So pretty much would it be more worth givving a litte top or a little accel depending on which (Sprocket size up or sprocket size down) Gives a better outcome.Understand?

Old 01-16-2005, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sprocket size?

what size tires...I would go with a 13 tooth front...it raises the gearing but you'll be happy with how much pull it'll have and the much faster topend...many mojave and lakota guys have done this and not one is disappointed

Old 01-17-2005, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sprocket size?

Yo man finally got my 13 tooth on last night it's only been sitting up in my room since Christmas time but hell yeah my lakota is a lot faster on top end speed and i really dont even see a difference in low end cuz all the mods i have on my lakota. You will gain about 2mph with the 13 tooth sprocket and it is well worth the $6.99 as everyone says the best 6.99 you'll ever spend. I'm running 22" tire on my quad now and major increase in power with the sprocket and the 22". Hey rolsmojave3 when you gonna get one!!! You'll never understand until you put one on. Go with the 13 tooth Jayson440 best 6.99 you will spend [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2005, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sprocket size?

Hey rolsmojave check out my new pics i posted today, my lakota is looking sweet.

Old 01-18-2005, 09:28 AM
Pro Rider
Default Sprocket size?

sweet pics...I may have to get some Nerfs again...my DG steels sucked so bad I just trashed them...I have the 13 tooth front and a 37-40 rear...but i have 18in tires...it's terrible...I get to top speed in about 4 seconds..ok..maybe not that short but it seems like it..and then the stupid rev limiter just makes me slow down....i think i am gonna get a 14 front and a 36 rear in a little bit from CWR

Old 01-18-2005, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default Sprocket size?

Yeah i love my Dg alloy nerfs but they were a total bitch to get on. My dad and i had to cut off the old brackets and reweld new one on in order to make it fit. We also had to grind down parts on the nerfs. Yeah i plan on getting new tires and rims soon Razr T-9 rims and i think i'm gonna stick with the 22" tires stock size cuz my quad rip now that i have the 13 tooth on. Also are there any other simple mod to make my lakota faster i have mostly every performance mod but still would like more power. My quad takes much longer to top out now it feels like a whole new gear, which is sweet. I just have to fix the nets on my nerfs and then my lakota's perfect.

Old 01-18-2005, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sprocket size?

mod the airbox if you haven't...and if there is a collar welded on to the exhaust where it meets the cylinder head...you might wanna cheak that out...Supertrapps have a thick weld that seems like it reduces the flow..so i grinded that down to be little to no bump...hope that helps

Old 01-18-2005, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sprocket size?

Yeah i wanted to get a clamp on filter but just dont know which one to order from my denniskirk, there some many different sizes. You don't know the size that fit the lakota off hand? and would i be able to still ride in mud, snow, rain and all that stuff. I was also thinking of drilling a 1" hole in my airbox and puttinga uni-breather on there.

Old 01-18-2005, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sprocket size?

if you get the clamp on...you have to get a UNI crankcase breather...Cycle works has a filter kit which has a velocity tube that puts the filter farther back giveing you better top end or bottom end...can't remember...it's a good price too...i'd give him a call

Old 01-18-2005, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sprocket size?

you can ride in rain and mud as long as you know not to throw the water and mud all over...you'll probley have to give up deep water exploring but most people don't get up to the rims in water

Quick Reply: Sprocket size?