Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

!@#$ Choke lever broke... Stoopid Kawi!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !@#$ Choke lever broke... Stoopid Kawi!!!!

jezzz....the choke lever broke so your getting rid of it...that seems a little excessive...i'd just get a new one

Old 01-23-2005, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

Hummm well..................I just got from a weekend ride today and the ONLY Suzuki there was the ONLY one we had issues with.It was an Eiger....for some reason it started running bad like it had something in the carb and just now he was putting in it my garage and when he went to flip the 4wd off...(CABLE) it looks like something broke.Now it does nothing so thinking nothing has problems is like living on fantasy island.....BTW my 02 Prairie has never had a choke cable break.Before you buy that KQ make sure you get one that has been in for the recall for reverse going out.
02 650 Camo

Old 01-23-2005, 03:10 PM
Range Rover

Oh well, if I can't sell it or get a decent buck on trade-in towards an FI machine then the only avenue left is to "make it go away", get the insurance payment, and start over again.

I think that statement says all we need to know about you.

Old 01-23-2005, 03:19 PM
Range Rover

jezzz....the choke lever broke so your getting rid of it...that seems a little excessive...i'd just get a new one
It ain't just that, it's just a little gravy on the pile of mashed taters of issues that this thing has had. Loose bolts, carb problems galore ( lean, wrong jets, etc, etc ), Horrible fuel use, airbox design flaws, potential suspension gremlins, runs too hot, choke sticks, leaky engine seal, poor 4 wheel drive design, no fuel injection, crappy CVT system...that's all can think of right now, but I'm sure there is more lurking under there.

Maybe you guys just accept this stuff, well I don't. I bought a brand new top of the line unit to avoid this exact crap. So now, I'm making payments on something that is resembling a british sports car for reliability and "cheese-***" nickel and dime problems. Just read the forums, I'm not the only one suffering. I've tried to defend the Brute in previous posts and I have been real nice to this thing....

Whatever.....

Old 01-23-2005, 03:45 PM
Trailblazer

So do you want some cheese to go with that whine?? You can't just blame the problems on Kawi. When you start modifying it, your taking a risk; like your 26" 589's. I flipped my Kawi and it broke stuff, stupid P.O.S.!! No, stupid me![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 01-23-2005, 03:45 PM
Trailblazer

Maybe you should have done more research before you bought the Brute. The Prairie has been out for a while now and the Brute and Prairie have a lot in common. All the Problems that you mentioned are minor. I also haven't had any issues w/ some of the stuff you mentioned.

The CVT IMO is not bad. I'm turning 29.5" Outlaws w/ mine and don't have a problem. Not to be harsh, but I think a lot of the People that are burning belts up are just Ignorant. They never check their belt deflection and are to lazy to use low gear in mud,etc. If you maintain the CVT and use the Proper gear range then the CVT does just fine.

I also have no loose bolts, mine doesn't run hot, no leaking seals, and my fue mileage isn't that bad. If you wanted excellent mileage then why did you buy a Big Bore?

Kawi will replace the Incorrect needle for free, and a snorkel will solve the airbox problem also give you more airflow and power to boot.

The 4WD system isn't that big of a deal to me. W/ my laws I RARELY need it, and even if I'm stuck in 2WD mine will engage if I slowly rotate the back tires.

Basically if you have enough money to buy a "20,000 dollar quad" then just put a little money into your Brute and it'll be top notch.

If something like the Choke breaks, then take it in and get it fixed, However a little WD40 will solve that problem.

Good luck though if you get the KQ. Have fun on the Coffee can. Just realize that your KQ will never be the mud machine my Brute is.

Old 01-23-2005, 03:59 PM
Trailblazer

Yup, the wonders of maintenance.

Old 01-23-2005, 04:05 PM
Range Rover

I completely understand the frustration that Mikey is displaying.

I've owned several machines: Snowmobiles, dirt bikes, and 4-wheelers in my 24 years of riding. I've also completed a 2 year course from a factory endorsed school on motorcyle/ATV repair, on top of my years of experience in fixing things that I could not afford to have fixed by someone else. Maintenance is second-nature to me--I do it without thought.

That said, I have NEVER- in 24 years of riding- experienced the level of problems from ANY machine, new or old, that I have had with the v-force. Fixable? YES, EVERYTHING mechanical is FIXABLE--It's a fact.

Acceptable? No F-ing way!!

An off-road,4-wheeled machine should not have tie-rods that bend so easily that the bars barely move in your hands.
An off-road, liquid-cooled machine should not have a radiator placed in such a location that every ounce of mud flung from the front tires plugs the radiator solid--within several minutes of riding.
Any machine should not have levers that break off when the temp falls--Snowmobiles are ridden at temps of -30*F... their choke levers do not break.
A $6,000 machine should come with a battery that lasts more that 2 months ( this can be blamed on the dealer for improper prep due to speed)
A tie-rod end should not separate when riding.
Front cylinders should fire at idle.
`nuff said!!!

Old 01-23-2005, 04:11 PM
Range Rover

Maybe you should have done more research before you bought the Brute.
Ya think? I should have researched a lot of other things too. I got sucked into the big bore, V-twin, new model, etc, etc. What a sucker [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Perhaps the P700 would be the better choice.... but at this point, I'm pretty convinced that the entire industry is plagued by cheap junk and moronic designs. Do they think you're gonna ride it on the street or something? Of course it will be in the snow and mud??? duh??? The fact that these forums are loaded with pissed off people and stupid problems tells the whole story. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Oh well, bad expriment..... I'll cut losses and just eat the $1000 or so that I lose. I'll lug it to the dealer, get it fixed, and then sell the damn thing or trade it in....on what I have no idea. I'm still holding my breath for a german-built and designed offering. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

This thing is GONE though, no matter what happens.

Old 01-23-2005, 04:29 PM
Range Rover

well man, sorry to here that choke broke. i made mine out of a piece of metel, but its not the companies fault , it the person who checkes the quility of each piece before it leaves the companie who made it, just like all companies . dude do you think that chevy or any other company really make all there own parts ????? .................................................. .................
heck .. man cool the tude down your overreacting about a little cheap piece , just get another and enjoy that you are able to have a quad some dont .......................

Quick Reply: !@#$ Choke lever broke... Stoopid Kawi!!!!