Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

!@#$ Choke lever broke... Stoopid Kawi!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 12:38 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !@#$ Choke lever broke... Stoopid Kawi!!!!

Yup, great work Kawi..... nice choice on the carburetors.... why dont we throw in a rotary telephone while were at it? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Went to start the damn thing today...and as soon as I slid the choke lever over it snapped like it was made of the cheapest plastic on the planet. It shattered....it didnt just break off. So I *guess* the cable was frozenm but I have no idea how. There was no snow or ice packed up top near the cable, WTF?

So then, while my buddis are out riding around on their 10 year old 2 wheel drive beater quads, I'm cooked. Wonderful. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

May I suggest that YOU DO NOT BUY A CARBURETED QUAD. Use yer friggin head and go for the Injected units.

I'll have this fixed eventually ( bettre be a warranty item or someone is going to have their throat slit ) and then this thing is GONE.

I'm going to Suzuki..... I'll happily trade the V-twin for the Zookie where EVERYTHING else is better. Kawi better figure it out and stop thinking that their V-twin motors are a good enough cover up for all of the JUNK that use on every other part of the machine.

Anyone want to trade a Zookie for a Brute????
Mike - [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 01-23-2005, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

Haven't seen this happening to anyone else yet. Maybe your temper had something to do with it?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Dude, relax. Your going to break little things like that no matter what brand you have. No machine is perfect or bullet proof, thats life man. My buddy shattered his mudflaps knocking ice off them in -10 weather, its not Kawi's fault, plastic breaks, very easily when its cold out.
I think EFI down the road will cause you much more anguish and $$$.

Old 01-23-2005, 01:09 PM
Range Rover

I feel your pain, man. My v- force is, by far, the worst machine I have ever owned--the sad part is, IT'S BRAND NEW!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

I've had more problems with mine in the first few months than I've had on machines that were used, and almost 10 years old!!!!!! Kawi definately has some issues that they need to reslove if they want to continue having customers.

I fixed my problem. I bought a POLARIS!!

Going down the same trails that bent every flimsy guard on the v-force, the Polaris emerged with scuffed frame paint. Trails that bent both tie-rods like butter, the Sportsman conquered with ease (and didn't break!!) ...and I dont have carburetors to adjust, like on the v-force (when my front cylinder decided to stop firing @ idle for no reason whatsoever!!!)

I'm much happier now. I just hope I can sell the pile of sh*t this spring!!

Old 01-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

if it's cold you out have to have respect for plastic..it looses allmost all of it's flexibility and then just shatters....you could have helped by lubing the cables and putting some Heat in your gas so the gas won't freeze...Yes...all machines break...you can't get around it....some may get lucky and not use the part enough that'll break but then give it to another person and BOOM it's broke...Sorry about your loss

Old 01-23-2005, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: s2mikey
Yup, great work Kawi..... nice choice on the carburetors.... why dont we throw in a rotary telephone while were at it? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Went to start the damn thing today...and as soon as I slid the choke lever over it snapped like it was made of the cheapest plastic on the planet. It shattered....it didnt just break off. So I *guess* the cable was frozenm but I have no idea how. There was no snow or ice packed up top near the cable, WTF?

So then, while my buddis are out riding around on their 10 year old 2 wheel drive beater quads, I'm cooked. Wonderful. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

May I suggest that YOU DO NOT BUY A CARBURETED QUAD. Use yer friggin head and go for the Injected units.

I'll have this fixed eventually ( bettre be a warranty item or someone is going to have their throat slit ) and then this thing is GONE.

I'm going to Suzuki..... I'll happily trade the V-twin for the Zookie where EVERYTHING else is better. Kawi better figure it out and stop thinking that their V-twin motors are a good enough cover up for all of the JUNK that use on every other part of the machine.

Anyone want to trade a Zookie for a Brute???? e-mail me: zcarmike@rochester.rr.com

Mike - [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

damn man chill out, u can always manually choke it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-23-2005, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

I don't neccesarily think that if your Kawasaki *is built cheap * that a Polaris is going to have you beaming with pride .

Buying a Suzuki as an upgrade is like trading in your GMC for a Chevy.

Rick

Old 01-23-2005, 02:02 PM
Trailblazer

I sure hate to hear anybody talking bad about a KFX 700. I have been riding mine very hard for 2 years now. The only problem I've had is the swing arm bearings needing grease. Regular maintance and a little TLC goes a long way in keeping a machine running perfectly. If you neglect any machine it will soon fail you. Take care of it and it will last a lifetime. I have a chevy S 10 with 250 thousand miles and runs perfectly. just my 2 cents.

Old 01-23-2005, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

Rick you are just the man I wanted to talk to I will send a PM so I dont steal this thread. Sorry to hear about your choke lever, but cold temps are very hard on ALL TYPES. About 50 people went on an annual ride last weekend and there and there were all brands, types and sizes represented there. EVERY one of them had some type of problem. Some were bigger than others. Mine had frozen front breaks from the deep water and breaking through ice. I cant blame it on bad design. I blame it on cold weather and me running it through ice and water when it zero degrees outside. Some broke plastic, some had brittle break lines, some wouldnt start at all. In most all case it had to do with the extreme conditions we were putting them through. I hope you get it fixed and give it another chance. Im sure you will be happy with it in the long run. Kevin

Old 01-23-2005, 02:16 PM
Range Rover

don't neccesarily think that if your Kawasaki *is built cheap * that a Polaris is going to have you beaming with pride .
Maybe not, but at least Polaris is smart enough to use Fuel Injection. None of this would have happened if it had FI...period.

Nope, Kawi blew it and it's not like this thing hasn't had it's share of *issues* prior to this. You pay BIG bux for top of the line models....and in the end it's a complete rip job.

Maybe for the winter a snowmobile is the better choice? If the quad can't take the snow and cold, then the owners manual should clearly state that and then for the winter it can be stored away like a sportscar or muscle car.

Man, I wish BMW or Porsche made an ATV, I'd pay the $20K for the German engineering which I guarantee would have addressed EVERYTHING that's bad about this dumb thing.

Oh well, if I can't sell it or get a decent buck on trade-in towards an FI machine then the only avenue left is to "make it go away", get the insurance payment, and start over again.

Too bad for Kawi, they'll figure it out when sales numbers drop and complaints keep pouring in... !@#$% morons.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 01-23-2005, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

I hate to say it but that is a pretty dumb thing to say on the internet. That you are going to do an insurance job on it. Instead of the $20,000 you would spend on German engineering you better save that money to keep you out of jail talking like that.

Quick Reply: !@#$ Choke lever broke... Stoopid Kawi!!!!