Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Mud Tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 12:14 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mud Tires

I was wondering what is the best deep mud tire out there for the BF and
what is the best size for it.

Old 02-20-2005, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Mud Tires

if your not on a budget and you dont ride on the rode often i wouldget maxxis mudzillas or if you want somthing good for mud and other types of riding also get mudlites. The spidertrac is also a good mud tire that itp stoped making so those are getting blown out of stors so they are really cheap.

Old 02-20-2005, 06:50 PM
Trailblazer
Default Mud Tires

For deep mud on a Brute get 29.5x12 laws all around.......

Old 02-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Range Rover
Default Mud Tires

This one is easy:

ITP 589's in either 26" or 27". Why?

- 589's ride better than any mud tire out there so unless you just drop the quad right in the muck, chances are you have to ride to the mud pit which means some hardpack trail riding.

- The slightly smaller size elminates the need for lift kits, belt upgrades, etc, etc. My 26" 589's will go through just about anything and my belt is still well within spec with 1400 miles on it. The drivetrain takes less of a beating with the 26 or 27 inch tire.

- Mudlites are awesome tires, but in the REAL nasty stuff...forget it, they can't do what the 589's or other bug mudders can do.

- 589's are nice for the snow too.

My 2 cents....

Mike

Old 02-20-2005, 10:27 PM
Trailblazer
Default Mud Tires

He asked for the best deep mud tire, not mud/trail tire. Even if he was asking about the best mud/trail tire, the 589's wouldnt be the best, mudbugs would. 29.5 outlaws are the biggest, meanest, and best performing mud tires made right now, and your atv has plenty of power to turn them. Get the 29.5's!!

Old 02-20-2005, 11:46 PM
Trailblazer
Default Mud Tires

I have 27 in mudlites and they seem to go real well...I like the 589s but they are a lil bit heavier and seem to ride a little rougher on harder surfaces...And suppose to wear a little faster..I lost just a little bit of power...still beat a grizzly stock by about a four-wheeler length

The Bighorn is what i am hearing alot of talk about lately but is just a little to pricey for me...but they are suppose to ride a little smoother and perform pretty well in the mud to be a radial i believe

Old 02-21-2005, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default Mud Tires

Originally posted by: s2mikey
This one is easy:

ITP 589's in either 26" or 27". Why?

- 589's ride better than any mud tire out there so unless you just drop the quad right in the muck, chances are you have to ride to the mud pit which means some hardpack trail riding.

- The slightly smaller size elminates the need for lift kits, belt upgrades, etc, etc. My 26" 589's will go through just about anything and my belt is still well within spec with 1400 miles on it. The drivetrain takes less of a beating with the 26 or 27 inch tire.

- Mudlites are awesome tires, but in the REAL nasty stuff...forget it, they can't do what the 589's or other bug mudders can do.

- 589's are nice for the snow too.

My 2 cents....

Mike
589's are good in the snow but no way they do stand a chance against mudlites in the nasty stuff. All of my friends run 589's and I ended up choosing the mudlites instead and 2 of my bud's have bf's and I sail right past them when they are stuck. I have even tried there bikes in the mud thinking they just couldnt drive but I was stuck instantly. Mudlites dont stand a chance against outlaws and mudzillas and those other pure mud tires but they are on of the best multi purpose tires around.

Old 02-21-2005, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default Mud Tires

The best deep mud tire I have seen has to be the Mudzillas. Im not saying that because I own them (because I dont own any). I have mudlites for mud and they are a great tire. (but for just deep mud the mudzillas win). Now if you want a good mud tire but use it for other things as well, all the other choices that have been mentioned are good.

Old 02-21-2005, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default Mud Tires

28" zillas are enough for where I ride. They do ok on the trails to get to the mud. I also have a set of 29.5's, will test them come spring.

Old 02-21-2005, 10:13 AM
Range Rover
Default Mud Tires

589's are good in the snow but no way they do stand a chance against mudlites in the nasty stuff.
That's a first..... considering that the 589 has a much deeper and wider spaced lug! Plus....ITP wouldnt make the more expensive tire worse in the mud? Not to mention puncture resistance which is unsurpassed on the 589...the lites are much softer and have weaker sidewalls.

Unless the 589's you are talking about are completely worn out, this statement makes no sense at all. Just ask the 589 owners around here!

But, oh well.....

Mike

Quick Reply: Mud Tires