Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Tires for BF750

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 11:24 PM
2TV
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires for BF750

The Gators do pretty good in the mud and on loose pack stuff, better than the Kawasaki stock tires do (plus they are a lot tougher than the stock tires). At the same time they also do well on dirt and rocky trails too. The extra stiffness of the tires improves the handling over the stockers as well.

However if you were to compare the Gator to an Outlaw (a REAL mud tire) I don't think they would do as well. The Outlaws have more of a stagger pattern so I would think they would clean out better (I have never tried them to compare though). If you plan to do mostly serious mud riding then you may be better off with a full blown mud tire but if you plan to do a mixture of trail riding with some mud thrown in the Gators may be adequate for you...

Old 02-23-2005, 11:41 PM
Trailblazer
Default Tires for BF750

Hey 2tv thanks for the info. I really like those pics from HatandMac it looks really fun.
Is the riddin area up there huge can you ride all day on different trails.

Old 02-24-2005, 12:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default Tires for BF750

i have 27" mudlites on my brute 750 and i like them alot, they go through mud pretty good, nice and smooth on the trail, was going through 12"s of snow the other night no problem. and they dont take any power away. i have 25" gators on my rubicon and they ride just as smooth as stockers but go through mud alot better. my brother has 26" gators on his prairie 650, they too are really good, he gets kinda crazy and pushes it to the extreme sometimes and the gators perform real well. comparing the 2 here they both go through the snow real good, mudlite a hair smoother on the trail, gator a hair better in mud i think. as for outlaws, i never used them but from the looks they would be great in mud but if you dont do extreme mudding i wouldnt get them. and mudbugs look identical to the gators. i think the gators have a wider profile than other tires especially if you go to 26" and above. hope this helps, there are pics in my sig.

Old 02-24-2005, 12:05 AM
2TV
Pro Rider
Default Tires for BF750

Huge? You bet. Over 500 miles of trails so far in the Hatfielfd McCoy system which is spread out among 5 different areas (unfortunately not interconnected yet). However you can easily spend a day at each of the five trailheads they currently have. Most of the systems (Dingess Rum, Browning Fork, Pinnacle Creek and Buffalo Mtn.) have facilities such as food and fuel nearby that you can drive to on your ATV right from the trails. All of the trail systems have camping / lodging close by...

Old 02-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Trailblazer
Default Tires for BF750

Which one of the five riddin ares is the best. What one the muddiest, and best sceenry.

Old 02-24-2005, 02:16 PM
2TV
Pro Rider
Default Tires for BF750

All five have some mud, but as to which one is the muddiest will depend on if there was a lot of recent rain. Dingess Rum, Pinnacle Creek and Buffalo Mountain each have some sections with some nasty mud holes. If you get a lot fo rain Little Coal River can be really muddy as most of those trails are less rockier than all the other places (sport quads should like that system).

If I were to list the systems according to my preference i'd give Browning Fork the # 1 spot (they have a lot of variety and over 100 miles of trails), then it's a toss up between Buffalo Mtn and Pinnacle Creek. Then Bear Wallow and finally Little Coal Creek. However they are all good and I wouldn't hesitate to go to any of them on any given trip. The Hatfield McCoy system, especially if it takes you a long time to get there, is best enjoyed when you can devote several days to ride, that way you can do a different system each day. Lately when we go down, we leave early in the AM so we can ride part of Pinnacle Creek that afternoon, then spend a good part of the next day there as well. After that we head on over to the Man or Gilbert area to ride the Browning Fork system (we stay where you can ride your ATVs from your lodging to the trails which is anyplace in or near Man or Gilbert). Then we try to truck them to Buffalo Mtn and / or Little Coal River on one of the other days...

Old 02-24-2005, 03:01 PM
Range Rover
Default Tires for BF750

Are the ITP Holeshots the only radial tires on the market? They keep saying on that ATV Television show that the IRS quads like the BF750 will benefit greatly in the handling department with a set of radials. I just looked at all(?) of the tires on the Ronnie's website and those are the only ones I noticed saying that they were radials. Maybe I should have started a new thread with this question, so I apologize in advance!

Old 02-24-2005, 03:13 PM
2TV
Pro Rider
Default Tires for BF750

Maxxis Bighorns are also a radial tire. I like those better than the ATRs (they are a tougher tire). I've tried the ATRs on my Grizzly before. Overall traction and handling was excellent, except they didn't allow the quad to powerslide well because they wanted to "stick" (they have excellent lateral grip). I personally haven't tried Bighorns but a friend of mine just got a 25" set on her Rubicon and they look and handle great...

Old 02-24-2005, 04:36 PM
Range Rover
Default Tires for BF750

So is it your feeling that the BF750 will handle much better with one of these radials than some other 6-ply tire? My buddy had Bear Claws on his 400 Kodiak and put them on his '05 Grizzly and loves them. Of course, these are the only aftermarket tires he has ran, so he admittedly has nothing to compare them to.

Old 02-24-2005, 04:53 PM
2TV
Pro Rider
Default Tires for BF750

I think if you want your Brute to stick to the trails the radial design is better. If you want to hot dog it some and power slide around corners, the wider, flatter profile tire is better. That is one of the reasons I like my 26x12x12 Gators because they are wide and relatively flat. They are easy to break loose into a slide when you want to and they give the quad more stability because they are stiffer than the stock tires as well as having a wide contact patch on the ground. I have 26x10x12 Gators in the front and they have more of a rounder profile than the rear Gators do. Dirt Devils are another tire which have the same profile as the Gators, but they don't provide as much grip as a Gator (which is better for slidability on vehicles that don't have as much power on tap as say the Brute Force does).

The radial Bighorns have a round profile as do the ATRs. The Bighorns seem stiffer than the ATRs though, so because of that they probably slide easier than the ATRs do, but I still think a flatter tire will be easier to control and less apt to suddenly grab in a slide...

Quick Reply: Tires for BF750