Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

HMF Penland Slip On Leak....Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HMF Penland Slip On Leak....Help!!!

I just recieved my penland slip on for my BF650 yesterday...HMF said that the prarie 03 would fit fine...Well it all bolts up but i have a leak where it bolts to teh muffler in the front...I think that it is not from the clamp but from the stock head pipe where the flange is...The HMF doesnt slipe as far up on teh pipe as teh stock therefore the flange is not covered and it looks as if it is just tack welded...has anybody else had this problem...

thanks for any help

Old 03-01-2005, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

Before I got the full system I tried a slip on and it fit the same way you describe on the front header. However, I did not experience any leaks. Try giving HMF a call and see what they say. Those guys are usually pretty good over the phone. 1-866-HMF-PIPE.

How bad of a leak are we talking? How far up the front head pipe is the muffler sliding up?

Old 03-02-2005, 12:53 AM
Trailblazer

then its got to be where that flange is that is causing the leak...I spoke to them today and they mentioned you...I think that it is just a bad weld...Looks as if just tacked...well see...dan called today from hmf but i was at work...

thanks for the info

also..it is slid up on it a good bit...teh leak is pretty bad though...Noway taht i will be able to rejet due to the leak and causing the engine to run too lean

Old 03-02-2005, 07:31 AM
Pro Rider

Dan's a cool guy, he will take care of you.

Is there anyway you can post a pic of the prob? The way I'm understanding is it's leaking from the connection between the front head pipe and the muffler, right? You're saying it looks like a bad weld on the stock pipe or the new muffler?

BTW, where are you from?

Old 03-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Trailblazer

i am from WV.... Yeah i have some pics that i sent dan but i am not to sure how to post them on this site...the bad weld is on teh front header pipe...not the muffler....It is where taht have put a biggger pice of tubing on top of the stop head pop for fitting purposes and just tacked it...the stock pipe slides up further onto the head pipe than the hmf, therefore it covers where teh leak is and the clamp is in front of the leak....hope you somewhat understand

tell me how to post a pic and i will do so...

Old 03-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

When you are signed in, near the top right of the page there is a bar underneath the navigation. Click on the box that says "My Page." Now I'm not sure if it's different when starting a page for the first time, but near the top right of the page there is a box that says "Edit". Click that. Once you click that, the page you are looking at will let you type a bio near the top and near the bottom there will be all of your pic spaces. They will each say "add/delete". Click on add. Once that window pops up click browse. You will now locate the pic on your computer that you want to upload and click on it. Remember, your pic must fall withing the given demensions and file size in order to be uploaded on the site (forum guidlines). Everything is spelled out for you on that last window. If your pic is too large you must resize it in whatever program you have on your computer (mine has Lexmark Photo Center). You can use Microsoft paint for this too if you have to. After your photos are submitted it takes about a half hour for them to be approved, then they will be available for viewing. That's the only way to post pics on these forums.

Sorry for the long *ss post!

Old 03-03-2005, 12:53 AM
Trailblazer

not a problem...I fixed that D@mn thing tonight after a few hours of work...Lost the damn manifold bolt and had to find a new one...I fixed the leak by applying so magnum steel to where teh leak was...Seems to not leak at all fo rth etime being...time will tell i guess