Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

still have problems with my brute Need Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 05:05 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default still have problems with my brute Need Help!!!

I took my brute 750 in for its initial service I told them I had a low end miss and a backfire when I,m decelerating from high speed. The
dealer told me it was lean so they richened it up.After riding it a few times I noticed the miss and backfire was still there but on top of that it was stalling if i was on the gas hard and then let off.I took it back to the dealer and they replaced the front jet. Well guess what?
I still have a slight stumble and after riding up a small hill it stalled again acts like its maybe getting flooded,after a few tries starting it up
it starts and runs fine has anybody else had problems after getting re-jetted??

Old 03-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Trailblazer

anyone??

Old 03-08-2005, 01:50 PM
Range Rover

There is a TSB on the problem you described. If you give me your e-mail address, I'll fire over a copy so you can make sure that your dealer performed this fix per the bulletin.

Old 03-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

after 6 months my Brute is finally fixed, no missing at low speeds. the part number for the new front carb needle is 16187-0156 (NFKL). it is very important that the dealer tells Kawasaki that your bike is backfiring through the air box at about 10MPH when fully warmed up (the fan has kicked on at least once) They will not pay for it if the dealer doesnt tell them the two key points above. this is the second time I've had the needle changed, the first time it was a different part number than above and it did not work.

Old 03-09-2005, 05:59 PM
Range Rover

The needle part# you list is the same one in the TSB. I don't know how to attach the TSB (which I scanned and saved in a MS Word file) to this thread, but it is ATV 04-03, dated December 14, 2004 and titled "Severe Backfire at Low Speed". If you would like a copy, post your e-mail in a reply to this thread and I'll send it to you.

Old 03-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

You can also go to the nyroc web page and get a copy of the TSB there.

Old 03-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

thats what I did, and then I showed it to my dealer who, once again, didnt know about it.

Old 03-10-2005, 01:21 AM
Trailblazer

they re jetted according to kawai specs but it stalls at the worst times

Old 03-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Trailblazer

I had my BF rejetted and still had a miss plus it was stalling after going up small hills I pulled my plug on the front carb and it was BLACK
I cleaned up the plug and adjusted my idle. now the BF is running great, no stalls no miss, but, every once in a while(not often though)
I get a bad backfire out of the exhaust does anyone know what would cause this?? Could it possibly just need the airscrew adjusted??

Old 03-21-2005, 09:13 AM
Range Rover

I finally had the carb needle TSB work done on my Brute this weekend. Initially, it seemed like it ran a lot smoother without the miss and backfiring. Then I had it out last night and it missed and backfired like crazy after it got good and warmed up. I ran it hard up and down a long dirt road a couple passes, and when I turned around to come back, I used the override button in reverse. It backfired very badly when I did this! Then it seemed like it really wasn't running quite right for the run home and missed and backfired a lot every time I let up on the throttle. I'm going to check my plugs to see if they are fouled, but if not, anybody else got any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: still have problems with my brute Need Help!!!