Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Exhaust Leak.....Is this normal?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Leak.....Is this normal?????

I have installed a penland hmf slip on on my bf650...It leakes like hell and i have tried everything.... all sealents too... I have contacted Leesons Motors where i orderer it from and they say its normal and will not affect nothing...I say BullSh@t....They are jsut trying to keep me from sending it back....
And i was going to spen the money there...oh they pissed me off now...

wont this cause me to run hot....

thanks again alex

Old 03-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

Call HMF Direct. .

Assuming you have already tried some copper headgasket sealer?

Old 03-07-2005, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

Are you able to post some pics of it?

Old 03-07-2005, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

Where is it leaking from? The head pipe at the manifold or the muffler itself? at the manifold im sure you know there is a copper gasket thats supposed to be there, it often stays on the stock exhaust pipe when removed. Fresh air introduced into the pipe often causes backfire after letting off WOT, I had a small leak myself yesterday and it was doing that. It just required another turn on the manifold bolt though. Its not exceptable to spend that kind of money on a leaky exhaust and I would send it back in a heartbeat. I already sent a supertrapp back because of quality. They are charging as much for these little mufflers as what I paid for a stainless 4" full exhaust with down pipe and mufflers for my powerstroke. Poor quality shouldnt be tolerated by anyone at those prices. I dont mind spending money but I at least want my moneys worth. I know how you feel.

Old 03-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

I thought that the leak was from the OEM pipe where it connects to the HMF can. ???

Old 03-08-2005, 02:13 AM
Trailblazer

yes that is where it is...I have talked to dan and he said tha tit shouldnt really cause any prob....Just try some more sealents...So it is back on and i am going to let the new stuff that i applied to dry...suppose to be 2000 degrees well see...More than 2 or 3 bucs it might work this timie...lol lets hope

I just dont want to go through all the bs to send it back let them look at it and tell me there is no prob...know what i am sayin

so hell with it...if its a little leak ill let it leak

CDI mod or CDI box is next

Old 03-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Trailblazer

Ya same thing here, but mines a Supertrapp Ids2 full system, and where the silencer clamps to the S-Bend (mid-pipe) it leaks, had it back in the Kawie dealer 2 times and they always said they can't seal it, your not hurting anything or losing power, and eventually it will seal itself up from carbon build up. The lead mechanic told me most after market pipes, with the clamp tend to have small leaks where ours is. If it was leaking at the head gasket then theres bigger worst problems , dont worry about the leak, how's the bike run and how's the sound of that slip-on with the leak? Power increase? How did you discover the leak? Putting hand over clamped area? If so that's how I found mine.

Old 03-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Trailblazer

yeah pretty much like you said...not a bad leak though i can deal with it and that makes sense about the build up sealing we will see...runs fin though and seems to be better throttle response....

thanks