Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Some Polaris 800 people are totally absurb

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 06:27 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Polaris 800 people are totally absurb

I swear I was trying to find the actual HP rating on the 800 polaris (760) and some people are just plain stupid. They claim it will wheelie at 30, give me a break. They also claim it is capable of going in the 90's slightly modded and 80 stock what planet are these people from. The simple laws of gravity and physics will not allow it to happen. They also think they are really getting 60-75 Hp on these things they would be doing 0-60 in 5 seconds then they can barely do 0-40 in that time. Am I the only one who finds this to hysterical that people who are buying these machines are really that nieve and ignorant? Oh well can't help some people...

Old 03-09-2005, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

Does Polaris not have a website that you can print out a spec sheet? I Know Kawasaki does.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-09-2005, 07:32 PM
Range Rover

My neighbors dynoed in at 44hp at the wheels

Whats interesting is, the 700 efi that was in the shop made 42hp.

But the power from the 800 came on much sooner.

Old 03-09-2005, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

A friend of mine keeps saying hes getting an 800 so he can smoke me and stay bone stock. I keep telling him to get it but he hasnt done it yet. If he does I will let you know how my little prairie does against that big bad machine.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-09-2005, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

gsxrpred is right in the head with his numbers. The "800" produces a flater torque curve and HP at lower rpm then the 700 does. The BF will still blow the 800 away if your looking just at top speed and HP numbers.

Old 03-09-2005, 11:12 PM
Range Rover

I guess all dyno's are a little different but I find that a 700 producing that much at the wheels is a bit high. I wish someone would put he BF and Sp 800 on the same dyno and then test them. I get tired of hearing such bull that there atvs will go 90 mph and has 75 hp. The one thing I cannot stand is erogance and ingnorance. My title says the HP on it for the BF does Popo's do the same??? any know???

Old 03-11-2005, 07:18 PM
Range Rover

No horsepower #'s on my certificate of origin for the 800.

The Kawi one says 49.4

I have people coming up to me all the time, talking about horsepower. I could care less about peak horsepower--what I care about is the torque curve-- how steep and for how long. You can have 2 bikes, each with 40 HP, but the one with a steeper torque curve will kill the other in a flat-out drag race. Also, one could have 22 HP @ 1800 RPM, and the other 6 @ the same RPM -- peak power won't mean squat, in that case.

Here is a link to a thread that has some good info...
Text

Old 03-11-2005, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

I'm doing research trying to decide what big bore ATV to buy and I'm personally finding it extremely difficult to talk to Polaris owners about their machines. If I ask about different things i can't get straight answers or if I mention something I don't like about Polaris ATVs like the brakes, the 4x4 system the tank like weight of the 800 they act like I just insulted their sister's virtue or worse just took it right there in front of them.

Another thing that annoys the hell out of me is when people feel the need to mindlessly defend the machine or brand they own. Their machine is the best and all others are crap no matter what the facts might say. Why on earth do they feel the need to exaggerate the power or capabilities of their machine? Some deeper inadequacy issues? It seems like they don't want to be confronted with facts or be confronted with the possibility that they may have not bought the best machine on the planet. It is like if they believe hard enough that reality wont slap them in the face. Like they need some never ending justification that they didn't flush 7 grand down the toilet. Even if they know deep down that they didn't get the best or worse got a lemon they want as many other people in the same boat with them so they won't feel so bad about it. It is like the whole Ford Chevy dodge brand loyalty cults. For the love of god get a grip. I mean I'd REALLY like to think that some people have the actual intellectual honesty to say that the BF does not have the best suspension in the world for instance. Or that the KQ has a serious defect that the company is really not addressing properly. Or that the Griz has/had problems with boiling gas.

At least when asked a reasonable question or presented with facts don't just orgasmically shout "OMFG the <insert ATV here> is the best ATV evr!!111 I have one and it ROKKS!!111!!11 get oen and don't worry abotu anything anyone sez about it and your will love it1!11!11! I went riding this weekend with <insert other manufactuerers ATVs here> and my <insert their ATV here> and I had to pull them all out of the mud and ended up thrashign all of them in a drag race !!111!!1!".

Puh-freaking-leeze. Put down the fu-king pom poms and get a grip on reality already. God that annoys the ever living sheet out of me and I see it happen all the time.

That little rant out of the way. I'm split between the BF and the Griz at the moment. I'm trying to arrange to ride them both on something other than the dealers parking lot and lawn. Dealers really need a loaner program of some sort.

Old 03-11-2005, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

Captain, As for the brute vs grizz they are both fine machines and they both have good and bad points. My dad has a grizz and my brother and I both ride kawies. The grizz has a hot gas problem and has a problem with diff lock servo. My dad is dealing with that one now, it wont shift out of 4wd and the rev limiter wont let it go above 20 mph in diff lock, so right now thats his top speed until he brings it in for service. Although the grizz dont need all the belt adjustments the Kawies do.

Old 03-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Trailblazer

That was so good! LMAO, but there is much truth in what you say. I have a BF, one son a Grizz, another a P700, another a Raptor, and a Grandson with a VForce. Forgetting the Raptor and VForce. The BF is the fastest in a drag race, P700 pretty darn close with the Grizz bringing up the rear but not being too embarrassed. Ride comfort goes to the Grizz hands down, BF seems to fit between the Grizz & P700. Trail handling kudos at any reasonable speed goes to P700 hands down, BF does pretty well but at higher speeds loses some stability due to the IRS. The cushy soft-riding Grizz brings up the rear in this catagory. As for recalls/problems the P700 & the Grizz have been basically trouble free with the BF having the needle problem. BF performed as expected after the trip to the dealership, ... Actually the BF is awesome! Looks and power got me! Handling is good enough with aftermarket tires and wheels. The machines are all good, all powerful and all reliable in my experience. Good luck with your decision!

Quick Reply: Some Polaris 800 people are totally absurb