Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

was looking to buy klf 360

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 09:05 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default was looking to buy klf 360

Well I have put about 1200km on my bike and had not problems until yesterday.. Elec wires shorted up by the handle bars.
Melted all the wires there and also 3 back by the battery. Likely the fuses blow before anymore damage wash done.

Old 11-06-2005, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider

My 2 cents worth
I have done everything possible to my 360 and although I have had my share of problems, I still wouldnt trade the bike--It has plenty of power, but no top speed--someone mentioned about the throttle screw to tame the 650??? Unless that 14 year old is a major geek, he would figure that screw out in about 5 minutes--I think you made a good decision on the 360---do keep an eye on your clutch--mine started engaging with a clunk a couple of weeks ago, i continued to ride it and this past week it would not disengage when stopping--I finally took it apart and the bushings on the weights on the primary clutch were shot and were hanging up not allowing clutch to fully disengage--you cannot buy these bushings and must replace the weights at around $35 us dollars a peice, and you need 4 of them!!! I presently have a machinist friend making me some bushings and i will post the results---i also had major probs with the 4 wheel drive actuauator not working---i was not going to pay Kaw $350 for another so i rebuilt mine and put a T-handle cable to make it work manually--stay tuned Kawboys, I hope to have working manual 4 wheel drive actuators for sale by Christmas, and if these clutch weight bushings work, maybe I will sell them also. I love beating the big boys at their own game and making solutions that work better than the originals.

Have fun with the 360

Old 11-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

[i]Originally posted by: OleManMoses[/ i also had major probs with the 4 wheel drive actuauator not working---i was not going to pay Kaw $350 for another so i rebuilt mine and put a T-handle cable to make it work manually--stay tuned Kawboys, I hope to have working manual 4 wheel drive actuators for sale by Christmas, and if these clutch weight bushings work, maybe I will sell them also. I love beating the big boys at their own game and making solutions that work better than the originals.

Wow, that's a great idea.

Old 01-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Trailblazer

Still having trbl with my elec wiring. Fix it once thought it was a short up by the handle bars on the left side. Rewire
clear back to the battery . Some of the wires were melted together al the way from the handle bar to the battery.
Ran good for a month... Wires melted again on Dec 28...Another person had the same trbl and it was the light
switch shorting so that the high and low beam comes on together and draw to much current and melt the wires.
Any one else had this yet.

Old 04-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Trailblazer

Well I got a new wiring harness and light switch installed but my wallet is $901 lighter. Kawasaki Customer Service
said they don't Know of any trouble but would check into it and get back to me. I'm still waiting to hear back..lol.

Old 05-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Trailblazer

Well Just thought I add to this post . Still ike the 360, had no more major problem since the wiring harness melted. JUst regular maintance ,carb clean once and values adjusted, and regular oil changes.

Old 05-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider

Did Kawi come good for the wireing harness?
You are the 3rd or 4th person to say that happened.

Old 05-22-2007, 12:03 PM
Trailblazer

No kawi didn't come good for the wiring harness.