Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Changing from Holeshot module to CDI

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 05:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing from Holeshot module to CDI

Hi, I have a 03 650 Praire with a DG holeshot module.I want switch it out to the new CDI. How do I go about this after cutting and crimping wires for the Holeshot module? Thanks

Old 03-26-2005, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did what you are considering only I switched from a high lifter module. I do not know how the dg is installed but with my hl module I just sodered the connection that was broken in the wire and used electrical tape until I got some heat shrink insulation. Just use caution because as you know cdi's are not cheap. By the way what cdi did you decide to go with and why?

Old 03-26-2005, 05:32 PM
Trailblazer

I haven't bought one yet because I was worried about changing.I will have to go look at how my module is hook up now its been a while since Ive looked at it. It would be nice if its just spliced in to the stock cdi now ,and I can just unplug the stock cdi. Seems like everyone is very please with the cdi Dynatek makes. Unless I hear different thats what I hope to try next.

Old 03-26-2005, 06:41 PM
Trailblazer

fastfatboy why did you take your highlifter mod off?. i was thinking of getting one for my 05 700 and was wondering if there is a problem with them?

Old 03-28-2005, 09:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can leave the DG holeshot module plugged in at the same time you install the Dyna CDI. It won't hurt a thing b/c the Dyna CDI simply ignores the speed sensor signal coming from the holeshot module. I once had both hooked up at one time (the original DG holeshot and the Dyna CDI) and it ran fine.

happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2005, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

Ditto on leaving the Holeshot Hooked up. My old holeshot and Dyna CDI has been installed for over a year. CDI is best bang for buck.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2005, 11:14 AM
Trailblazer

Do you know if they have the bugs worked out on the Cdi for the most part? Seems like they are hit and miss on reliability.

03 P650 Camo
2500lb Warn winch
DG holeshot module
Maxxis Bighorns
Maxxis Maxlites

Old 03-28-2005, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think its still hit or miss on whether you get a reliable one from the factory. FYI: I have a good Dyna CDI (its been very reliable) for sale now on e-bay. Send me a PM if you want more info.

Happy trails...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2005, 03:04 PM
Trailblazer

for the bang for my buck if i just want more low end snap and a little more midrange will the hilghlifter mod be a good choice? and if so where's the cheapest place to find one

Old 03-28-2005, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: cookerwon
for the bang for my buck if i just want more low end snap and a little more midrange will the hilghlifter mod be a good choice? and if so where's the cheapest place to find one
I had absolutely no problem with my highlifter module. I replaced it because my belt light came on and tried everything I could find to turn it of. The switch wasn't tripped and the belt defliction was only at .9" the belt wasn't glazed. I wasn't paying my local dealer ,who's service department really sucks, to turn off a light and get the thing out of limp mode so I bought the cdi from dynatek. I still have mine for sale at $75 with wiring instructions. If you want more info on it email me at jaymarilyn@netzero.com