Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

time 4 new tires on the P700

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2005, 03:23 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default time 4 new tires on the P700

FASTFATBOY: I don't know much about tires and wheels. I have both stock on my P700. Sounds like what you have is what I would like....traction and good treadwear on rocks and hardpack and also speed. Do you agree with that?

Are the new 'c' series wheels necessary for your new tires, or what made you get them? Are all ATR's 'holeshots'?

N.Y.scrambler....just had some specific questions...not trying to butt in too much on your topic.

Old 04-02-2005, 08:56 AM
Range Rover

I had Bear Claws, ATRs and right now Big Horns. The BCs got good traction and was puncture resistent but made the steering hard and going through the woods fast you want to be able to steer quickly. The ATRs steered fast enough and had GREAT traction but not unless I ran 7 lbs. of air pressure in them I keep puncturing the side wall and bending my rim due to side wall flex. I to do not ride mud when I can avoild it, but here in western Maryland we have alot of rocks and they raise heck on the tires and rims. So that brings us to the BHs I have only had them a short while but I can tell you this so far, they are heavier than the ATRs and they are made of a softer rubber also but the lugs on them are very inpressive and big so they should last a long time. I hope they do because they are expensive. They ride very well and they have a lighter steering effort than the ATRs which is saying something. They are a tall tire (ground clearance) about an 1in. or so taller than the ATRs. They are both 25in tires. They are eazy to power slide with and give a very smooth ride, and so far they are what I've been looking for in a tough all around tire they are not the best mud tire but as for a trail tire they fill the bill for me. Hope this helps. Good luck.........

Old 04-02-2005, 12:07 PM
Trailblazer

Kawiyowee,...Dont mind at all, I'll take all the info I can get. Thats what we need is input from guys who have been riding on different tires. Its hard to make a choice (at least for me) on just a picture and a "biased" description by the maker of a certain tire. And thanks to all who took the time to reply, I appreciate ...for lack of a better term...your 2 cents about tire choice. You guys brought up some that I did not even think of. Take care all, and ride as often as ya can :-). Bob

Old 04-02-2005, 06:45 PM
Range Rover

i see youre from hamburg. im from niagara falls. where do you ride in NY mostly, do you know of any good places to ride?

Old 04-02-2005, 07:52 PM
Trailblazer

Theres not much local anymore. I can tell you where we go around here but cant promise you wont get hassled. We mostly go to Pa. Check out majestictrails.com for the info. Great place to ride. We used to go to marienville in Pa. but majestic is much better. Oh yeh, they're open year round! :-)

Old 04-02-2005, 09:00 PM
Range Rover

i already know about majestic and allegheny national forest, thats where i do most of my riding. ever been to doe's hill?