Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Wheels/Tires advice for Brute?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 12:06 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels/Tires advice for Brute?

Brand new to the forum and I would like to get a little greater stance on the Brute. I want to keep the same overall diameter of the wheels/tires but want at least 2 inches side to side overall. More aggressive tread for snow, rocks, little mud. I really like the ITP C-4 wheels but have no idea what might fit the bill. Anyone know what they will do to dimensions. Do they come in different offsets? What size would I need? Are radial tires the way to go? I have never bought aftermarket wheels or tires and don't want to order the wrong thing and be stuck with it. Does offsetting the width overstress the axels/suspension? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post.
Thanks in advance

Old 04-03-2005, 01:49 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels/Tires advice for Brute?

With an IRS atv a radial tire improves handling alot. For the riding conditions you described I would go with the Maxxis Bighorns.I might be a little biased.They are a very strong radial tire.As for wheels and offsets, I don't pay alot of attention to the offsets. Most of the places that sell atv wheels or tires usually show specs of the wheel and the different atv's they will fit. From what I've seen there's not a large range of offsets to choose from but, I may be wrong.I really like the ITP wheels but, when I saw the 8 spoke Maxlite's w/ the bighorns on a grizzly at https://www.f-body.org-rob-atv-grizzly-p0003507tjpg my mind was made up! Hope I help a little. Good Luck