Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Dynatek failure (again)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider
Location: South Central Illinois, NO where near Chicago, that's not my Illinois
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynatek failure (again)

Has anyone had this happen with their Dynatek CDI's?
I have a Dynatek on a 2002 Prairie 650 with about 1100 miles on it. The CDI was brand new and had only been in use on the atv around four hours.
After a little ride I pulled up to talk to another guy and shut the quad off, when I restarted it, it wouldn't hardly rev-up at all. I drove it back to the shed with a full throttle top speed of around 20mph, it would idle fine.
Luckily for me I had my stock CDI in the truck and put it back on and it ran fine.
I called Dynatek and the tech told me, this was a strange-one and to send it in for testing, he acted like he'd never seen this situation before. They did have a call tag for me the next day and it's now on it's way back to CA. Now I have to wait another six weeks, what a bummer!

Old 04-12-2005, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider

I guess if you get past that 4 hour period you're alright lol. I have read several posts like that, just a few hours after installing it it fails. Why he would act like that was unusual I don't know. Mine's still working fine as it has since last September. I'm thinking about selling though, it has me scared to ride the bike, too much power for the steep hills around here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I've been climbing them in high gear to mellow it out a bit, I know its bad on the belt but so is flipping it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2005, 05:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

ive had this same problem with dyna got my ignition for 04 p700 on christmas maybe had 20 minutes on original ignition when it failed sent it back in gotreplacement some time later and it failed right out of the box and am now waiting for third one. I have been following this forum for a year now and today decided to join because of my frustration with the dyna ignition! I hear so much more negative feedback on these now than positive. When i call to tell them about another failed ignition its always the same response wow that is rare that it failed sure its not the prairie because we have not had many problems with these. WHATEVER!

Old 04-12-2005, 09:11 PM
Range Rover

I just sent back my 3rd one today haven't gotten more then 3 hours apiece out of each.had 2 in my 650 and the 3rd in my btute 750 all the same.

Old 04-12-2005, 09:27 PM
Range Rover

I also have had enough. I am on my 3rd dyna cdi and have removed it do to problems.

Old 04-13-2005, 09:11 AM
Trailblazer

It may just be bad on your atv. We tried some dyna cdi swapping and found that it would run on some atv's and not on others? On my bf750 it sounded like it was running on one cylinder, His bf was ok. Some people have been installing a second battery to try to fix the problem. Maybe one of those big marine batteries mounted on the rack would work? I'll stick with my dg5. The dyna brutes can't pull me unless we race over 65mph anyway which never happens.

Old 04-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Trailblazer

NewBF750rider

Where did you purchase your DG5 cube. I'm interested in gettin either the DG5 or the dynacdi. Any info would be great.

Thanks,

Colin.

Old 04-15-2005, 02:21 PM
Trailblazer

I got mine right from the source. DG Racing at 714-299-3865 and ask for Don. I think he is the main guy there. The customer support is done by the desining engineer that made it. They were the first company making such things to know that the BF750 cdi is different from the 700. They made the dg5 new for that reason. How does your Brute ride with the 27" tires? I am thinking about putting some bigger tires on my old stock wheels for mud riding.

Old 04-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info.

I put my 27 inch Gators on my stock rims. Love 'em in the mud. Larger tires are definatly the way to go with this quad. It can handle them. Can't pull the front end up like before with the stocks for now. I'm gettin a clutch kit. Ordered mine 2 days ago from dealer. (went with dalton). Stock clutching still works fine. You can still spin the tires easily. You gain a few pounds with the weight of the tires. But I think thats a good thing. Don't want that front end to come up more then it has to. Way more stable too. Tippy feeling is gone.