Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

New Brute Force Owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 02:06 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Brute Force Owner

Hello everyone,

First, I would like to say that I am very impressed with everyone’s knowledge and willingness to help on the forum. I am a novice to the forum and the ATV world. I am the proud new owner of a Kawasaki Brute Force 750 4x4i. I am a bigger guy and wanted a bigger quad ( 6’4” and 310lbs ). Took my new machine on a poker run on Sunday and loved it. I am a weekend warrior and like to go fast and hard. Not being familiar with the mechanics or after-market add-on’s ( embarrassingly enough, I get my oil changed at the dealer ) I am looking for guidance and input on modifications to add on my bone stock quad. I am asking for anything from performance to looks. Thanks to everyone in advance for your help and time.

Old 04-19-2005, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want a great power adder for not a lot of money check out the holeshot module from highlifter or dyna tek cdi "my choice". Both advance engine timing and give you a killer bottom end and mid range. Also check out drive springs from dalton and erlandson performance industries. Springs are around $20 a piece the hl holeshot module is about $100 and the dyna is about $250. You can also check out exhaust systems and proper jetting for them. All of this will help but the dyna or hl module will give you the most power by far. I am about your size and routenly outrun smaller guys on sport quads.

Old 04-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

750BF has a bigger motor but has a little more weakenesses as well. If I were you, I would start reinforcing/improving weak components of the bike first, like replacing all those cheap plastic cv guards and skid plates with metal ones, better water proof snorkel/air intake system, etc. Add-on power parts would be the last on my list.

Old 04-19-2005, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would get some aftermarket tires the stockers are POS

Old 04-19-2005, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

Upgrade the Wheels & tires. Upgrade the stock tie-rods/tie-rod ends. Get the wider stance w/the aftermarket wheels/tire combo, a big improvement in the handling department. By upgrading your Tie-rods & tie-rod ends, you will never have any problems with them.
After that & if you feel you need more power, then you can spend more bucks on the Dyna CDI & other power goodies.

Old 04-20-2005, 12:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey fellows,
What are the down sides to adding a module? I mean, why wouldn't they come from from the factory if it was that easy? Is it EPA probs?

Old 04-20-2005, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

I think it is more safey issue why they don't come that way from the factory

Old 04-20-2005, 03:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's saftey issues all the way. When the 650p was first introduced to the atv industry for testing and evaluation it had a pre-production cdi on it that was set about what most modules and aftermarket cdi's are set at. After a talk with the legal beagle's they decided to detune it. Probably an excellent choice because the atv industries has enough bad press and law suits to deal with without having people who aren't experienced climb on a 4x4 atv and flip it just by hitting the gas to hard.

Old 04-20-2005, 05:35 AM
Pro Rider

I got C series ITP rims with Holeshot ATR's to widen the stance and a Dynatek CDI box to give it unbelievable power. I havent had any issues with tie rods and I dont go fast through deep water so the airbox thing isnt an issue with mine either. I have, however, seen the skid plate completely ripped off one.

Old 04-25-2005, 09:12 PM
Trailblazer

hey how do you find your brute handling on higher speed's? The kawa dealer had to replace my two tie rods, now i,m feeling a shake at higher speed's, i think they may have firmed up my suspension or messed with something, just wondering if it's a bike characteristic or if the tech messed something up.
thank's

Quick Reply: New Brute Force Owner