Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Kfx-700,V,-Force

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 10:35 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kfx-700,V,-Force

I know the primary spring give u more top end....But how much faster do u all think u are with all the mods u all put on them,,like K&N 6-key pipes jets clutch .............Not sure if there all that much faster.

Old 04-22-2005, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kfx-700,V,-Force

Well it's quicker that's for sure. Faster, as in higher top speed, maybe not... I've raced stock Vs and spanked them with no problem..

The clutch cover is suppose to give you a few more MPH

Old 04-23-2005, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kfx-700,V,-Force

I still have to put a different clutch spring in my V, not sure which one to get. I've put the dual exhaust, rejetted, custom advance the timing, removed air box lid, getting K&N airfilter next week.
I can almost beat a 450R modded. He beats me by an atv length. I have never been clocked at top speed. Definately over 70 probably. I came close to beating a 250R Honda 2 stroke atv. Its hard getting traction. I get first in my class in the mud runs. I need to take it to the drags and get 1/8th mile times.

Old 04-23-2005, 06:48 AM
Range Rover
Default Kfx-700,V,-Force

MetalAlien did they still have the stock spring in them i know that helps on take off...i got the white one and i have the maroon and at top end it still seems about the same,,,,,,,,,,,Kvrmuddrunner i ride with a guy that as a 450r with all the mods on it and he is about a quad lenghth ahead of me with both springs that i have Dont want to make anyone mad i like my v..2.....Just asking...i ride it alot so i am not sure if all that stuff helps any///

Old 04-23-2005, 08:07 AM
Range Rover
Default Kfx-700,V,-Force

And it was about the same with a predator about a quad lenghth ahead of me--I need to find some one out by me in illinois so i can see if V......is better with the mods

Old 04-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Default Kfx-700,V,-Force

justgo to get more speed you need to machine the sheeves. There are a few people that do this. I've seen pictures of the machining and it looks top knotch.

Old 04-23-2005, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kfx-700,V,-Force

Originally posted by: justgo
MetalAlien did they still have the stock spring in them i know that helps on take off...i got the white one and i have the maroon and at top end it still seems about the same,,,,,,,,,,,Kvrmuddrunner i ride with a guy that as a 450r with all the mods on it and he is about a quad lenghth ahead of me with both springs that i have Dont want to make anyone mad i like my v..2.....Just asking...i ride it alot so i am not sure if all that stuff helps any///
I've raced all kinds. Even Vs that have 1000s of dollars in mods that are as fast as almost anything on the dunes.

With ANY of the mildly modded Vs and completely stock Vs weight of the rider is a HUGE factor! I can't stress that enough...

Example, I have a friend with a V that's as fast as mine. But he weights 90lbs less than me. He pulls away from me each time we race, then we switch bikes (so he's on mine, i'm on his), the same things happens every time. He pulls away. I mean he really walks away with the race, several bike lengths. Same holeshot, so it's not rider skill.

As far as bone stock Vs, even though I'm 6'3" and 270lbs, I can beat them even if they (the rider) weight alot less. So that shows you how much more power some basic mods can give you.

Old 04-24-2005, 02:05 AM
Range Rover
Default Kfx-700,V,-Force

Doctorturbo,,ok ty i will look into that......MetalAlien the guy on the predator about 180lbs on the 450 not sure me 5/7.130lbs Just didnt think that predator would pull a head of me,,,So i will try some of them to see if it helps me,,lol,,,,

Old 04-24-2005, 03:33 AM
Trailblazer
Default Kfx-700,V,-Force

You can get a 900cc kit installed from FST, im sure that will put you out in front everytime you race someone and probably over 100mph. Kinda scary. You could do a 900 kit with a nitrous system and maybe a supercharger if you really wanna go fast.

Old 04-24-2005, 07:35 AM
Range Rover
Default Kfx-700,V,-Force

beetlegus--Dont think i need all that just need a little more on take off and a little more on top end.But if thats what i have to do to get ahead of the predator 900cc kit.....Well then thats what i will do..lol....some day...

Quick Reply: Kfx-700,V,-Force