Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

LOOKING TO BUY NEW QUAD

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 08:57 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOOKING TO BUY NEW QUAD

I'm looking to buy either a new bf 650 or a Suzuki 400 Eiger. Mainly a trail rider and hunter, I'm just looking for a good dependable atv with a good price. I'm most interested in these two quads because I really have not heard anything bad about them. What should i buy?

Old 05-06-2005, 02:07 AM
Trailblazer

Bf650, I am very happy with mine so far.

Old 05-06-2005, 04:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: g1387
I'm just looking for a good dependable atv with a good price. What should i buy?
Honda. I love my Brute more than my Honda but that only because I don't mind working on it. If you want something that you just put gas in and ride for a few years without worry, Honda.

Old 05-06-2005, 08:59 AM
Pro Rider

I sure couldn't see using my Brute Force 750 as a hunting machine. If I were you I'd go with the Eiger.

Old 05-06-2005, 09:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bf 650 (prairie 650) is a reliable machine. As long as the belt is taken care of, you will have no problems.

Old 05-06-2005, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

My cousin has an Eiger 4x4 auto and I just bought a BF650 about 4 months ago.....Gotta say that Eiger is just plain ugly lmao it's a nice bike but just ugly!! Now the Brute on the other hand is awesome in every since it's just that dang good!! I paid $5700 + tax for my brute you just can't beat that nice of a quad for that price! My only complaint is the gas mileage it gets.....compared to all the other quads I've ever had it dranks a ton of gas! But it's kind of like driving a Muscle Car.....you've got all the power in the world....and once you see how much fun that power is you just can't keep your foot out of it!! or thumb in this instance! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Oh yeah the Brute is a very quite running quad more so than the Eiger.

Old 05-07-2005, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider

In the group I ride with, up to 50 quads, the Hondas break down more than anything else. I carry tools with me, everybody knows it, so I get involved in every breakdown, that's how I know. Take it or leave it, that's the way it is. I've never seen a kawi break down, but have to admit there's not very many of us ride Kawi's out here. Mostly yami's, hondas and polaris. They ask me why do I carry tools if Kawi is reliable; that's when I forget where that pair of vise grips are.

Sometimes I just lean back and watch and pity the poor fools that aren't straddling a Kawasaki V-Twin Prairie 700 Team Green Lean and Mean Trail Machine (blatant loyalism to the end!).

BTW, baleing wire has been my best seller out on the trail.

Old 05-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kawiyowee
I too carry tools not b/c I am worried about a break-down but b/c of all the years I havebeen riding, I've learned it is better to be prepared than not.
I've never have had any problems with my Kawies on the trail but I am the one who maintains it & checks everything before I go out riding. I too have come across other 4wheelers that had No tools & I was able to get them back down the trail. Those tool kits that come in your 4wheeler don't cut it most of the time.
Baleing wire is your best fix that you can carry with your extra tools.
I've had 2 P650s, no problems with them at all. The VTwins will use more gas but they do have that extra cylinder. My P650s avg 17mpg w/mixture of 4x2/4x4ing. I have ridden the Suzuki 400, it is easier to ride in the tougher sections b/c of its size but when you compare the "Fun & power factor in", the BF650 wins.
2005BF750
Why can't you see using your BF750 for a hunting machine?

Old 05-09-2005, 01:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My dad and uncle both have eigers and I own a 700prairie. My atv has been very solid and I have rode it hard with no trouble for over 1600 miles. My dads eiger has over 3500 miles on it and the only thing it has worn out was tires but all his riding is on open prairie. My uncles eiger has had a VERY rough life and it looks like it but no problems. Just my opinion but if I were choosing between the two I would go with the 650bf. The price, ride, size, handling, and carring capacity are all similar. However the power of the 650 is far superior and don't forget about the front diff. locker, I can say from experience the diff. locker is invaluable in mud and climbing over fallen trees and logs. Both will make you happy but I would recomend riding them both before laying any money on the table!

Old 05-11-2005, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with all the replies so far, but I can't stress enough how hard it is to not get the BF 650. For the price, the BF650 is just irresistible, not to mention the Brute will be a lot more fun on the trail. Get the BF 650 and be happy.

Quick Reply: LOOKING TO BUY NEW QUAD