Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

KFX 700 Info

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX 700 Info

My buddy bounced a knee or a foot or something into his front fender and it broke the bottom tab. Another guy know has the back fenders held on with zip ties. I would say yes, a lack of flexibility is a big problem for the plastic, at least the GRAY plastic as both of the bikes I've seen have been that color. For more of my info on a KFX, see your Scrambler thread.

Old 06-24-2005, 08:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default KFX 700 Info

Just wanted to pretty much agree with everyone else. The LE plastic is junk. Its breaks way to easy even in the summer heat, hate to see it in the cold. The KFX700 has nice performance also. It has pull wheelie almost anytime you want even rolling down the road you hit the gas and the front will come up. It is heavier than most of the sport bikes, or all of them I think. It has a oil bathed rear brake and more ground clearance than the other sport quads. It is really a personal preference really. For a 2 wheel drive it is pretty nice.

Mark

Old 06-25-2005, 04:53 AM
Range Rover
Default KFX 700 Info

I've been very happy with my V. I do most of my riding in the sand dunes of Glamis. Even after repeated hillclimbs, the bike doesn't overheat. The suspension is relatively plush compared to a lot of other sport bikes. The auto tranny is addictive. And the roar of the V-twin through an aftermarket exhaust (particularly the Muzzy) is intoxicating.

Looking for its weak link? It's got to be the rear suspension. Whoops can get scary. If you have the money, a set of Elkas can turn the quad into an off-road Cadillac. If not, the whoops will be a white-knuckle, high-anxiety experience.

Old 06-25-2005, 05:04 AM
Pro Rider
Default KFX 700 Info

Some people have had issues with the tie rods as well.....
I haven't had any problems with mine.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2005, 01:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default KFX 700 Info

what is the spring everyone is talking about changing on the 700 and what are the reasons for changing?

Old 07-08-2005, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default KFX 700 Info

It is the primary spring in the tranny. The V is a belt driven auto and responds very well to the standard clutch mods.

Old 07-16-2005, 11:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!
Default KFX 700 Info

Any of the V plastic will crack or break if you roll it down a hill, have seen this in person, not mine though

The rearend in the whoops is a killer though, needs a Elka, stock, it can buck you off real fast

It is a blast to ride and I'd never get rid of the V, probably because it's my wife's

Old 07-17-2005, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default KFX 700 Info

How does your wife like it? I am looking to get rid of my scramble and thinking about kfx 700 for the wife. It must be sporty and automatic so not a whole lot of competition.

Old 07-27-2005, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default KFX 700 Info

We have both the Scrambler 500 HO and the V Force as well.

This is the deal:

Trails - Scrambler, Suspension is great on trails, could use a little more power (pipe, clutch kit, & jetted would take care of this) Having the 4 WD to use when needed is GREAT

Dunes - V Force, Power, need I say more. Suspension is way too hard for trails. You feel like your arms are going to be ripped off on rooted trails. I have bent 2 tie rods on trails. The plastic is really weak as well. I have the LE edition. Whoops are really hard, you have to concentrate all the time as to not get bucked. you can get alot more power out this if you have the time and money.

My wife rides the V Force in the sand and she loves it.

Both my wife and I are larger people, the V handles the weight just fine.
This is just my opinion, take it for what it is.

Old 12-15-2005, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default KFX 700 Info

I own a 01 Scram 500 4x4 and a 05 Kaw KFX 700. If I had to choose between them, it would be the KFX 700 hand's down. The KFX has ton's of power (stock). It does wheelies on demand at any time(stock). You have to spend a lot of money on the Scram and you don't get much more power then a stock Scram does. The KFX don't need power mod's because it has more power then I need (and I like power). It has great ground clearance, unlike the Scram which has bad ground clearance. I got stuck easier with the Scram in 4 wheel drive then KFX 700 with two wheel. So I don't care so much about the 4 wheel drive. The Scram isn't a good mud bike. If you get into deep mud, the Scram is just a lead weight spinning all four wheel's stuck on its belly. I'm sure a lot of you Scram owner can relate to that. The KFX isn't a good mud bike ether, but It doesn't get stuck as easy as the Scram does because it has more ground clearance and is at least 100 pound's lighter then the Scram. The KFX 700 is a great bike. I never have any break down's or any wear problem's like I did with the Scram. Partsland and I are on a first name basis. I've spent a lot on the Scram. A lot of break down's. Part's wear out quick. Part's aren't cheap ether. I spent a lot of money on performance part's that didn't satisfy my power need's. Spent tons of money with HPD and all I got was a lot of junk that broke down within the first year and Hpd won't stand behind their product ether. They say it's high performance part's and they won't back them up. What kind of crap is that. They totally turned me off from aftermarket performance parts. That's why I bought the KFX 700 to fulfill my speed need's. I paid $5,700 new(worth every penny) for the KFX700 which is cheaper then the Scram($6200 new). The KFX isn't good in snow where the Scram is. The Scram does have more flexible plastic (like Rubbermaid plastic) then the KFX (alot stiffer and will crack if you roll it). The KFX is shaft drive which is a dream to service (change gear lube once a year). The Scram is a pain in the a$$ with adjustment, lubrication and replacement of all the chain's and sprocket's I've changed on it. Not to mention that if you break a chain on a Scram, you will be changing a trans case too. Bad design. The broken chain slap's a big hole in the trans case. I know, I've had to rebuild my trans (I was very pi$t off from that) that was a bitch to do. Trying to get the trans out and back in really suck's (you better seal it good the first time). With the Scram I've had a lot of problems with the clutches and went through a lot of belt's. I'm still on the first belt on the KFX and I have 2,000 hard miles on it. The KFX is still solid like the first day I got it. Run's smooth and no noises unlike the Scram. Take a test ride on a KFX 700 and you'll fall in love. The KFX will keep up with all the big boy's unlike the Scram. So if your need is speed, then I would buy the KFX 700. If your looking for a bike to tool around with, then the Scram is for you. This is my unbiased opinion, so you can take it or leave it. Just don't be one of those guys that think one brand of bike is the best(Kind of like those Honda guys). No one is the best.