Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

water in engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water in engine

I got water in my air intake today and my quad died. i cleaned out the intake and dried it up. I then checked oil and it was fine, not milky or anything. But then after i got it started again i was driving it back home, all of a sudden i lost power and big blue cloud of smoke came out of the exhuast. I shut it off and oil was milky now.

Why would it be milky now but not before. And would of that harmed my engine at all now. The exhaust never did go under water. I never started after that. Taking it in for oil changes tomarrow.

This is on a brute force 750
Thanks

Old 07-11-2005, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider
Default water in engine

You have a water trap in corner your airbox plastic (plastic drain hose) & one on snorkel. Drain and change your oil and filter, remove & inspect your airfilter, snorkel & drain the water from the water trap on your airbox. Also remove your CVT cover, pull start, inspect drain, and or clean belt, mud etc. as required.
Possibly water was lodged in crevice under handle bar plastic and finally made it to your snorkel/airbox. Need to ride it 30-40 minutes after you change the oil and reinspect the oil. Once you get oil or water in the crankcase it raises the oil level. Leaving your fuel switch on after riding or during transport will also raise your oil level ((fuel in oil). High oil level (more than 3/4-full mark) on your sight gage, the engine will puke oil into the airbox & down your carbs = a cloud of smoke and engine sputtering to a stop.

Clean or replace your plugs will make it easier to start.

Happy trails,[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2005, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default water in engine

Brute750
Just noticed you have a 750 but procedures should be about the same. The Brutes are known for having a poor airbox design & sucking snow and water. Might visit Kissodeath site or PM him to see how he modded his snorkel on his 750/840 http://kod.gotdns.com.

Tuffenuff[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-12-2005, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default water in engine

If you checked the oil after it sat for a bit the oil may have seperated from the water, oil floats on water so that is what you would see on the dipstick