Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

BF disconnect engine braking ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 11:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BF disconnect engine braking ???

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS IF THE ENGINE BRAKING CAN BE DISCONNECTED ON THE 05 BRUTE FORCE. IT IS A PAIN IN THE BUT WHEN YOU DON'T NEED IT. WOULD LIKE TO SEE IF THERE IS WAY TO MAKE THE ENGINE FREE WHEEL WHEN I DON'T REQUIRE ENGINE BRAKING. THANKS FOR THE3 HELP GUYS.

Old 07-21-2005, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Figleone--I think I can answer this one for you---I totally eliminated my kebc system--got sick of hearing whirring motors and seeing blinking lights--I pulled all the levers out of the case and gutted the kebc actuator (also gutted the 4 wheel drive actuator and made it cable operated) The KEBC is a very misunderstood peice of equipment---the kebc only actuates at about 1 mph when you are going so slow that you can almost stop---all that it does is to keep your clutch engaged at slow speed and engine at idle---you will never notice it at any speed above 1 mph---With mine disconnected and eliminated it did not increase any power or top speed--- what happens now is when i am going down a very steep hill at a crawl, the clutch will kick out and it will go in to free wheel (no engine compression holding you back) REMEMBER:: this only happens at idle going real slow---when it is working correctly, it is nice to have, but to replace the actuator is expensive so that is why i threw mine out---If yours is working good, dont mess with it---when (and I say when because they are built really crappy) it breaks, gut it like I did--it changes your riding style a little bit at crawl speed but it is not neccessary to have---when I am going down a steep hill real slow and mine kicks out, a slight blip of the throttle instantly engages the clutch and engine braking kicks in again.

Old 07-21-2005, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

bump

Old 07-21-2005, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

replace your side cover with one off a V force