Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

What wheel/tire package for the Brute

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 09:55 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What wheel/tire package for the Brute

Once I do get my Brute 750, I am going to buy a wheel and tire package for it. I will be riding mostly off road, and a little on the road. I will be making trips to the UP to do some exploring, so mud and water will definitely be a factor. As far as wheels, I do not know what size I should get. Also, I would like the look of black wheels if I get a silver Brute and I have not seen many wheels in black. Where can I find? As far as tires, I have heard a lot about the mudlites, and I also need a recommendation on size with them too. Any opinions suggestions are appreciated. Thanks,
Cole

Old 07-21-2005, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

http://www.xopco.com has them in Black & good selectionof tires. So does http://atvnorth.com & http://www.artdesignedmotorsports.com. As far as performance, you Brute will perform best with the lightest wheel/tire combo you can get. Mudlight has the new XL Mudlight in a 25" A lot of people run them. Most forum member post that the radials have better handling and cornering. A few have posted that the ATRs wobble and need balancing. I have some ATRs on the front of my Quad and do not notice the wobble.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] Drastically improved handling.

Old 07-22-2005, 09:57 AM
Range Rover

Do they make an ITP C-series Type 5 or 6 in Black?

Old 07-22-2005, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

Only BLACK ITP WHEELS I'VE SEEN ARE TYPE 4 DELTA HAS A BLACK STEEL WHEEL

Old 07-22-2005, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only the TYPE 4 ITP wheels come in Black too, along w/black center caps & Black Lug nuts.
I also purchased my ITP tire/wheel package thru www.xopco.com, excellent service & comparible pricing.
I went with the Black TYPE 4 wheel. Just returned from a grueling 3 day ride in the Colorado Rockies & the Type 4 Black wheels came out with no damages or scratches. I am using the 26x9F/26x10x12R, nice tire except for a little bit of Humming sound on hard-pack roads when the speed is 40+mph.
Click on the Camera to the left & there is a PIC of the TYPE 4 Black Wheels on my plain-jane BF750, I'll post a PIC today of my lastest Special Edition BF750 & at 12,800FT Elevation.

Old 07-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Trailblazer

bfb,

How much wider does your BF sit with that rim and tire combo.

I really like the tires, but I was thinking 25". Power loss with the 26"????

Old 07-22-2005, 08:11 PM
Range Rover

At a website I found, there is a certain wheel that I think looks pretty good. Here is the link:
http://dicksatv.com/tires-itp.html

The wheel is about 3/4 down the page, it is a black steel rim with a chrome outer lip. Does anyone have a set of these that has a pick? Also, I see that a lot of the rims that people are getting are aluminum. Other than weight, is there an advantage to aluminum rims? Disadvantage? I would think that the steel would be a stronger rim. What is the weight difference between the aluminum vs the steel? Thanks for the info guys,
Cole

Old 07-23-2005, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

I've tried the steel rims before but they don't hold well in the areas where I ride. Rocks play hell on them & they dent way too easy.
I even have a set right now, with 2 out of 4 damage after just one days riding in Moab,UT, they are for a Cat IRS & they are the High-lifter Lite Steel Chrome. I also had the ITP Delta Steel wheels on my '02 P650 but they too got dented up but not as quick as the H-L's did.
Since then, I have been using the ITP Type 4 & Type 5 wheels, bullet proof wheels, these ITP Type 4/5/6 can take the abuse.
Presently I am using the 26" Mudlites & have plenty of power but I am getting ready to switch over to the ITP XTRs in the 26" tire or the 25" Badlands radial. Height between the 25" & 26" tire is very close & if the BF750 can handle the Mudlites with ease then the XTRs shouldn't be a problem.
Another great tire is the Carlisle Badland Radial, it is available in the 25x8x12/25x11x12. I've had them before & I really liked them. Do some shopping & you can find all 4 for around $260 brand new on the Badlands.

Old 07-23-2005, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

blawhorn:
Don't remember the exact numbers but I think I gained a good 2 inches in width with the ITP Wheels. It would of been more if I went with a wider set of tires but I'm glad I didn't. The 9" wide front does make the steering more heavy in 4x4, looking forward to getting back to a 25x8x12 or 26x8x12 front tire but it still won't be like the stock tire, b/c of the Radial tire design & the amount of tread that contacts the earth.
The ITP wheels do make the BF750 more sure-footed, more of a feeling to you as the rider.

Old 07-23-2005, 09:21 AM
Range Rover

BFB, thats awesome, thank you for all of the info. I believe I am going to go with the Black ITP type 4's. I think that they will look awesome on my upcoming 06 silver Brute. You sound like you know what the hell you are talking about when it comes to tires, so I am going to take your word for it. Tell me the tires sizes for the front and rears that you would get, and thats what I will do. I like the looks of the Mudlites, but I am open to anything. If you were me, knowing what you know now, what total package would you get? Thanks again,
Cole

Quick Reply: What wheel/tire package for the Brute