Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

RECALL:STEERING KNUCKLE PRAIRIES, BRUTES

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 12:07 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RECALL:STEERING KNUCKLE PRAIRIES, BRUTES

you will be getting the recall soon mytierod end fell off the the spindle at about 40 around the corner without even hitting anything thank gord i didnt wreck my machine has only 1100 mi with no sighn of looseness

Old 08-09-2005, 04:25 PM

will they tierod fall of on the p 360 or just the bruteS?

Old 08-09-2005, 09:34 PM
Trailblazer

i got my letter, well two letter(s), one last tuesday, and one yesturday curious as to way i got two letters as i only have one kaw ,02 cameo 650...just hope they have the kits in now gonna call my dealer and see....

Old 08-09-2005, 10:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

This is a bummer, I will use this opportunity to get the valves adjusted while it is at the dealer, I have over 4300km and have gone head to head with many other bikes, I won't be getting rid of this one anytime soon. Kawasaki is not the only manufacturer to have recalls.

Old 08-09-2005, 10:48 PM

Originally posted by: myturn
This is a bummer, I will use this opportunity to get the valves adjusted while it is at the dealer, I have over 4300km and have gone head to head with many other bikes, I won't be getting rid of this one anytime soon. Kawasaki is not the only manufacturer to have recalls.
kawi's a good company but i have had nothing but problems with my 03 p 360 i have more money into it then i think its worht so i think im gonna sell and get a polaris sports men 600 twin iv had no problems with my trailblazer sept for regular mantines and all well later all

Old 08-09-2005, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

Thats true about everyone having issues it seems.Look at the Honda forum and you will see they are going thru one with tie rod ends on several models.Yamaha had it on the Grizz with the gas boiling.....which still happens on our groups 04 and the 02 that has had the mods.Suzuki had the one on the KQ for the throttle cable and ECM and lets not forget about the reverse issue.My Prairie seems ok but I will still have it done.
02 650 camo

Old 08-10-2005, 12:00 AM

Originally posted by: kodiac1
Thats true about everyone having issues it seems.Look at the Honda forum and you will see they are going thru one with tie rod ends on several models.Yamaha had it on the Grizz with the gas boiling.....which still happens on our groups 04 and the 02 that has had the mods.Suzuki had the one on the KQ for the throttle cable and ECM and lets not forget about the reverse issue.My Prairie seems ok but I will still have it done.
02 650 camo
thats so true my groups 300ex would not start changed the batt and still wouldnt start checked the cdi and there was water in it and we had even been ridin in water for like over a month and we hadnt washed it either and it hadnt been setin in the rain at all so i dont know but we changed the cdi and now it runs

Old 08-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

Its not that all the Prairies will have "play" where the tie rod end goes into the knuckle, its that over time, it CAN get play where these two parts bolt together. I bet most of you won't develop this play. Just check to make sure the tie rod end isn't loose. But you NEED to take it to a dealer and have the new kit installed. Its a safety issue. We don't want to lose any fellow atv'rs out there. We had a feeling that this would happen. Those knuckles just looked wrong. Damn it Kawi!!!! There are a ton of Prairies out there too!!

Old 08-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

What sucks is none of the dealers has the parts yet, and no one knows when they will get them. I have a Quad event to go to in a few weeks that I have paid for and can't even use my quad for it.I think those of us that have our Quads financed shouldn't have to make the payments till it's fixed!!

Old 08-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Trailblazer

does anyone know the status of the updated parts. how many bikes been repaired to date? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: RECALL:STEERING KNUCKLE PRAIRIES, BRUTES