Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

When will we see an 850cc quad?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default When will we see an 850cc quad?

With all the hoopla in the race to be the bigest and a few getting to the 800cc line, well we all know that the Sportsman is only 760, but for the record. Personally I woulda though that we'd see the BF grown to 800 as well, even though it has pushed past the limits of the chassis and brakes. Might we get blind sided by Kawasaki with an 850 next year? Where will it end? And what is Huey Lewis doing now?

Old 08-02-2005, 02:26 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Probably sooner than later, Kawasaki has pride itself on being the best in the Utility market and I don't expect them to sit back and let Bombardier take all the Kudos with the 800.

Old 08-02-2005, 03:00 AM
Trailblazer

if im not mistaken most states have an 800cc limit for it to be considered an atv. if its over 800cc it cannot be used on atv only trails it would have to be used on orv trails. so i doubt anyone will go above that unless the law is changed. i think its a good law if you want that much power just to go fast buy a sport bike and ride it on the road. with the lack of proper saftey classes and the power increasing your just asking for more injuries. sure they offer a few courses but dealers dont tell you about them least not around here. then of course you get some dumba**es that screw up the trails with big machines. for example one kid here decide he wanted to show off the power of his quad and decided to power brake it and tore big ruts in the trail from doing it so many times and who ended up fixing it me.

Old 08-02-2005, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah- I thought that, the 800cc limit on trails in some states. At this stage the limits and abilities need to be considered, because ya need whoa to stop the go. Yes- there are alot of idiots out there, remember the 3- wheeler days, bringing an all too untimely end to the hallowed 250R.

Old 08-03-2005, 03:07 AM
Trailblazer

ive only ridden one 3 wheeler and i didnt like it at all it was too tipsy for my liking. most engines are not being used to their full potential baceuse of so much detuning to cover their backs.

Old 08-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bmj67
if im not mistaken most states have an 800cc limit for it to be considered an atv. if its over 800cc it cannot be used on atv only trails it would have to be used on orv trails. so i doubt anyone will go above that unless the law is changed. i think its a good law if you want that much power just to go fast buy a sport bike and ride it on the road. with the lack of proper saftey classes and the power increasing your just asking for more injuries. sure they offer a few courses but dealers dont tell you about them least not around here. then of course you get some dumba**es that screw up the trails with big machines. for example one kid here decide he wanted to show off the power of his quad and decided to power brake it and tore big ruts in the trail from doing it so many times and who ended up fixing it me.
I think, that power to weight ratio is what the law is worried about, since they are so heavy i think utes can get away with it, but not sport atv's...

Old 08-03-2005, 01:36 PM
Trailblazer

yeah thats true but with increased engine size comes increased weight if it rolls and your pinned under it your not gonna be able to bench press like 650-700 lbs thats another reason for the limit

Trending Topics

Old 08-03-2005, 01:57 PM
Range Rover

I am also wondering when will it stop?? I remember when 500 and 600cc machines started popping up i was thinking geez what in the world does somebody need all that motor for on a atv and what can they really do that my 87trx250 cant? but now they seem to go up 100cc almost every year.. I think polaris should work out a deal with chevy and stick a small block 350 on a sportsman frame and declare themselves the big bore champs... j/k but forreal i wouldnt be the lest bit surprised to see a 1200 or bigger within the next 10 years at the rate there going

Old 08-03-2005, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I hear ya Ryder. I remember when I was working at Honda in the height of the ATC hoopla, the good old days B4 the CPSC- and quads were becomming more popular. A 200cc TRX was like standard and normal. And if ya had a 250 you were somebody. But this is America and we always hafta be on up on the jonses,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Old 08-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider

Some time soon maybe...........

Quick Reply: When will we see an 850cc quad?