Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

converted brute owner!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005 | 01:17 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default converted brute owner!!!

I am happy to say I took delivery of my 05 camo brute yesterday. Picked it up for 6900 less tax. All I can say it is I am glad to gey away from that polaris piece o crap. The design and engineering is light years ahead of polaris' archaic design. And WOW it sure is a real crotch rocket. All smiles about my new beast and am glad I stepped into the light and away from the darkside!!

Old 08-22-2005 | 11:37 AM
Pro Rider

I sold my 500 Sportsman in 02 and got the Kawi 650. Smiling ever since. Fresh oil and fluids, and periodic belt adjustments will keep your kawi running good. If you like to play in mud inspect your swingarm bearings, rear end oil & axle seals more frequent.

Only thing about the Kawis, they don't behave like utility bikes and are frequently out jumping and racing sport quads. You will run out of suspension and brakes and find yourself quickly over your head grabbing toooo much throttle for prolonged distances through the trails.

Be Safe and enjoy the POWER

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-22-2005 | 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

What kind of problems did you have with the Sportsman?

Congrats on the new quad!

Old 08-22-2005 | 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

No Problems with the Sportsman 500. Was a great quad. Just rode the 650 Paririe and was hooked on the power, performance and handling. Kinda Like trading in the family station wagon for a tire-smoking Mustang GT. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-22-2005 | 11:19 PM
|
Trailblazer

Thanks guys...

offrdr15 - I'll give you a sample of the problems I had with the sportsman: snapped rear a-arm bolts, front differential blew apart, cracked frame in 3 spots, bad ball joints, bad front shock absorber, leaking tranny, leaking front and rear differentials, failed speedometer, ignition wires chafed and corroded leaving me stranded..i think thats about it!

Old 08-23-2005 | 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

tpalm, sorry to hear the probs with the polaris. do you ride locally in orange county? i live in between port jervis and middletown. congrats on buying the brute!!

Old 08-23-2005 | 10:07 PM
|
Trailblazer

grizzkiller, i ride on schunnemunk mountain in salisbury mills. We have some land up there for riding and hunting. The only bad part is I won't be riding too much as I'm leaving for college on Thursday. Btw, Whereabouts do you ride?

Old 08-25-2005 | 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

we ride alot in PA(tower city & paragon) but we ride here sometimes, powerlines, old railroad beds(port jervis to monticello areas). riding areas are decreasing everywhere. so much building going on.

Old 09-07-2005 | 09:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

tuffenuff, I also own 02 650. Soryy to say still stock except the winch. Looks like you made alot of mods. what big differences did it make? I sure like the machine, and the power, but I do not want my buddy on his 700 sportsman to beat me. We have not raced yet. Even though I think I can take him. I don't have the confidence to do the work myself either. Don't know of many shops around here either tha mod 4x4's either. So I am wide open to suggestions. Thanks for any replies ahead of time.

Old 09-15-2005 | 09:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

I hope you dont ride in the water or mud because you will hate it unless you get snorkel and inner fenders. and need a tan on your left leg .Im not happy with the 750 brute force but we ride real hard and the 700 p kicks the brutes butt in mud and water.Good bike to go to church on .

Quick Reply: converted brute owner!!!