Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

Lovely Green Eye. My Tecate 4.

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2005, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lovely Green Eye. My Tecate 4.

Originally posted by: ProRacerIwish
i also forgot to mention the guy (i just bought it a few minutes ago over the computer and im pickin it up tomorrow) said he bored it to a 310 would i still be able to put in the 330 long rod kit cause it would be a monster thanks again

where did you buy it? Can I see it?

Old 09-03-2005, 02:15 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought it from a privet owner ill try to send you the pic its got from what he said its got an fmf pipe and scilencer a durablue axle and a 310 big bore

Old 09-03-2005, 02:18 AM
Trailblazer

i dont know how to send a pic if you give me ur email i can do it that way cause it wont let me click and paste on the send privet email
i want it to be an all over quad but id like it to be more race/trail bike because i want to race harescrambles with it eventualy

Old 09-03-2005, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

i bought it from a privet owner ill try to send you the pic its got from what he said its got an fmf pipe and scilencer a durablue axle and a 310 big bore
if you just bought it, it should should still be up on the site where you found it, right? where is it? what site? Don't worry. I'm not buying another one. hahaha I already got 2!

Old 09-03-2005, 02:23 AM
Trailblazer

i never thought of that hears the site its got the pic on it
http://www.wantaddigest.com/view/cat...asp?Cat=ATVKAW

Old 09-03-2005, 02:25 AM
Trailblazer

how would it compete with a yfz 450 and a raptor i want to beat them in a race because i never could with my xr 250

Old 09-03-2005, 02:42 AM
Trailblazer

sorry about asking all the questions but ur the only person i no that has one and is nice enough to help thanks would i be able to use engine parts made for an 88 kx250 for the tecate and also do they have the same carb or no cause i would like to jet it and get a power now valve i heard there awesome and worth the 100 bucks thanks and do you have a list of parts that you have on yours and what you would like too have becaus you sound like you know what your talking about once again sorry about asking all of these questions because as you know im a new owner and very excited and curious about all and every mod even if its out of my price range thanks

Old 09-03-2005, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider

I just looked at. That's a cool site BTW. I may find it useful to find stuff. I'm just over in PA. But anyway, it's an 87, not an 88. The straight A-Arms and the placement of the resevoir by the engine are a dead giveaway. On the 88 model, the A-Arms have a bend and the rezzy is in the back near the grab bar on the opposite side from the silencer.

It's not clear whether he bored it to 310 or used a kit with a different cylinder. Either way, you can still do the 330 kit. But, LOL, you should just try it out as it is. You still have no idea how much power it has. If I were you I'd ride it for a while and see how you are with it.

Either way, whether it's a 250, 310, 330 or whatever, it's plenty fast (assuming it runs well and is properly tuned) to run with any YFZ or Raptor.

Old 09-03-2005, 02:48 AM
Trailblazer

thanks ill take your advice and not do anything right away thanks for telling me that its an 87 not an 88 your very smart do you think that price was resonable i really appreceate it im glad you found the site helpful its the least i can do for you since you helped me so much

Old 09-03-2005, 02:52 AM
Pro Rider

sorry about asking all the questions but ur the only person i no that has one and is nice enough to help thanks would i be able to use engine parts made for an 88 kx250 for the tecate and also do they have the same carb or no cause i would like to jet it and get a power now valve i heard there awesome and worth the 100 bucks thanks and do you have a list of parts that you have on yours and what you would like too have becaus you sound like you know what your talking about once again sorry about asking all of these questions because as you know im a new owner and very excited and curious about all and every mod even if its out of my price range thanks
No, no. it's no problem.

answers as best as I can answer them:

1.1988 KX250 parts: that's tricky. it depends on what part and I'm not sure to be honest. The Tecate 4 engine is based on a KX250 but many changes were made to adapt it to quad use so some parts may work while other may not.

2. No, it doesn't use the same carb. The 87 came with 34mm Mikuni (junk get rid of it). The 88 came with a 35mm Keihin (better). The KX250's use a bigger carb...like a 38mm.

3. I'm not sure about Power now Valves. I don't have one and am not familiar with it. Sorry.

4.The basic stuff I have on mine is listed below in my quad description.

Quick Reply: Lovely Green Eye. My Tecate 4.