Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

KFX 700 - two more questions....

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KFX 700 - two more questions....

First off, I changed the toe on the Kawi and the twitchy feeling pretty much cleared up. I set it up at .5 inches out in the front.

here are my questions.

As you give it some gas, the beast sounds like a turbine winding up. Is that the clutch that I hear? Can't really tell if what side it's coming from, but it kind of sounds like it up front or right under you. Cool sound, just don't know if that is normal.

Next question.... what are you guys using for an air filter. It's got the stock on on now and I just gave that a good cleaning. Actually I took the entire hat off and got down to the carbs. If there is a K&N, what jets would you guys suggest with my Pro Circuit T4's hanging out the back.

Initial impressions. The motor and fuel deliver system is pretty impressive. Pretty impressive and fairly unique. I don't know of another sport quad that is as intriquet.
It wheelies like there is no tomorrow. Very easy and it seems very controllable. Much more so than the DS in that department. I still don't think that it would be me in a drag, but I will say that the automatic is far superior to the polaris stuff. Kind of a wolf in automatics clothing......

Thanks for the help guys.

Old 09-26-2005, 10:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

the sound you are hearing is normal, with most cvts you will get that....so that is normal

Old 09-26-2005, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

This monster replace a Polaris Trailblazer 250. No where near the same sound, then again it was no where near the machine. Yea, it doesn't sound like anything is wrong, I just wanted to make sure that it was common.

Very cool machine.

Old 09-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Range Rover

That sound is normal and even louder if you open it up some and then slowing down in a hurry...some will think you have a turbo on there. K&N or Twin Air are both good filters...I have used both without any problems. Good to hear you got that twiching out of it...watch your tie-rods and ends. Kaw has had some problem with those from day one with the Brute and V-Force. The ends seem to wear out quickly and egg out the holes on the stem and spindles. The rods themselves are just too weak. Check around on all the forums, you'll hear the same thing about those. Easy fix/upgrade for safety.

Old 10-06-2005, 08:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Big Daddy:

On my KFX I put a K&N filter I really like it. I have dual exhaust on mine. Stock the kawi comes with a 135 jet in the front and a 140 jet in the rear. I bumped the front up to a 140 and the rear up to a 145. The front worked out good but the rear ended up burning a little rich so I backed it back down to the 140. That did the trick. If you really want it to jump out of te hole put a clutch kit on it and hang on that increases the low end big time.