Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

I've Moved........

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I've Moved........

Oh yeah- I've gotta change my location under the avatar. Santa Fe New Mexico it now is. I'll try that out with the needle today and keep ya posted.

Old 10-07-2005, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Rols- going up a clip helped a bit with that 2nd start bog, but it's still there. I don't think I wanna go any richer as the plug is an almost sooty black right now, hmm; maybe a size leaner? But man, after adjusting the valves, this thing literally runs like a scalded cat! The higher RTPM's I was looking for are accessible and everythings good, I just think that I may have adjusted a 1/2 of a thousandth of an inch too much as it's very hard to idle, I have to back the idle speed adjust screw all the way out just to have a SLOW idle. I touched back with greg about this pertaining to the idle, still waiting for him to get back to me. I'll let ya know what cooks...........

Old 10-07-2005, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes...ever since i put a clamp on airfilter on...the bike will not idle....i've tried everything, pilot, adj. valves, mixture screw...still don't idle...it will kinda, but not like when the airbox was in place...i just learned to live with it...never seems to need to idle when i'm on it anyway [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-07-2005, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

What kind of a cam do ya got? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-07-2005, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

sad as it may be...Stock

Old 10-07-2005, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

whats wrong with the both of u guys lol........ditch those clamp on's and put your stock air box assembly back on, you will gain 10-15 psi of compression, more much more power and it will lean ur bikes out, i too had the clamp on filter and it made it much richer and the bike didnt run as good, the stock box should lean u out kwackerman and get the jetting normal and it will help ur idleing problem rols but as far as the stumble mine does it too in first or 2nd if i floor it from a stand still and my jetting is perfect, greg told me to run the spark arrestor with the disks on my xcellerator to give it more backpressure but im not payin 75 bucks for 1 from DG to find out if it works or not lol, and newduck has the same problem with his 36mm too......o and im glad to hear you got ur mojo runnin right kwackermann...............

Old 10-07-2005, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

It idled fine with the clamp on filter with the stock cams and the .308 cams, until I adjusted the valves. I'd sure love to put the airbox back on Mr. holshot, but that 400ex carburetor with accelerator pump is too big to allow for that, even so this thing runs like a bat out of that unmentionable place, I mean it totally rips. Now If I can just get that idle back, I'd be a happy man in middle age crisis........

Old 10-08-2005, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

if the ex carb is anything like the 36mm carb u just have to get rubber 1.5 inch to 2 inch and 2 inch to 2 inch adaptors and an angled peice of pvc pipe and just kinda make an adaptor, its not too time consuming and only cost about 5 bucks to make.......if u wanna keep the clamp on im shure greg knows how to get ur mojave idleing good even though he has somthing against 400ex carbs lol.......

Old 10-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

does gregs intake bring allow you to run a clamp on and still have the compression effects of the airbox...the reason i got rid of mine was because the prevoius owner didnt' have it secured on and it melted all over the pipe

Old 10-08-2005, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

I want and readjusted the valves; this time to the correct specifications. .004" intake and .006" enhaust. Idled OK for the first start up, but each start up thereafter have real trouble idling. I think a bigger pilot jet is in order, I'm emailing greg as we speak. I'll see what else ha has to say, and maybe I'll go over and hassle the Honda camp a little.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]