Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

I've Moved........

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I've Moved........

Hey fellow Kwackerpeople, I've mnade the big move to New Mexico. I've been here about 10 days now and am in for quite an adjustment, but not as major really as I grew up here back in the day. I can't wait to get the Mojave out to the track in Moriarty. 0I'm a bit in a rut right now because with the new cams I think I derailed from the timing chain guide as there is like a knurling/ knocking sound and I emailed greg back at CWR and he suggested I take a peek at the timming chain. Looks OK so far though, the chain is nice and tight too, seems tighter than when I put the whole mess back together. I'll keep y'all posted and when I get some new digs........

Old 10-01-2005, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hope you get that mojave goin soon so you could get some riding done......i myself havnt ridden my lakota in a few weeks now because its at gregs getting some work done to it, the head is geting ported and hes gonna go thru the whole tranny cuz its making a knocking noise almost like a broke a tooth in there or somthing so he has t osplit the cases....hopefully i should have my lakota going again in a few weeks....get some pics up if you do any races on that track so we could all see how the ridin is out in new mexico..........

Old 10-02-2005, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

do you have the chain routed right....i know my dealer put it on the wrong side of the little guide wheel...and it made lots of noise

Old 10-02-2005, 09:56 AM
Pro Rider

I popped the top cover yesterday{vavlve cover?} and everything looked fine, the chain was in alignment as far as I could see, I turned the engine over a couple times, after removing the sparkplug and everything seemed OK. I think lower down may be the culprit, I think I'm gonna hafta pop the timming cover- or is there an easier way? I think I'll take it out for a test spin this afternoon. Say, rols- where did ya get that screened hood? Looks good...............

Old 10-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks, it's a Maier screened hood, then I knocked out the Maier screen and just used aluminum house screen holding it in with 6 bolts....it looks great and is very effective at stopping sticks and stuff from getting behind it

Old 10-03-2005, 09:31 AM
Pro Rider

GOnna take it out today, see what happens.............

Old 10-03-2005, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider

Got everything back together, for kicks I pessed on the timming chain to check it's tension, good and snug. Just for kicks I adjusted the valves. All back together and went for a hell run, performed well, BUT. Doing 2nd gear holeshots it takes off good, both tires throw an impressive amount of dirt but then goes into a bog shortly thereafter. A little fanning of the clutch salvages things as it's not a bad bog, but it still annoys me to death. IS this a Pilot jet issue? Can I do something with the air screws?

Old 10-03-2005, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

what kind of carb do you have...my 36mm had the same bog if you tried to punch it, i adjusted the needle (made it richer, just so we don't get the clip postion confused) and that fixed it

Old 10-03-2005, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Gee rols- I wish I took a ride up to Wi to meet with ya B4 I shoved off from the Land of Lincoln. But I've got a 35.5mm carb off of a 400ex, with an accelerator pump. I guess I can raise the needle on clip. BTW, my 250R rear shock is a godsend, I adjusted the preload on the spring and man what a difference. They have a practice day this Saturday; I'm gonna try and make it, I'll keep y'all posted..........

Old 10-03-2005, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

Where you live at now....yeah...there is a lot of guys on here i didn't know lived so close, i really want some shocks...but money is getting tight with no good side-jobs in the winter....lol...don't quote me on the needle..that's just what fixed mine...but it only takes a mintue or two to try that out