Kawasaki Discussions about Kawasaki ATVs.

has anyone accually fixed their backfiring Brute force?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005 | 10:18 PM
|
Range Rover
Default has anyone accually fixed their backfiring Brute force?

I am telling you I have the worst luck EVER.
I have now had the privlage of owning 2 quads from Kawaski that backfired like crazy. I currently have a `05 BF 750 in the shop since 9/16/05 it had 31 miles on it when I dropped it off for the second time(14 miles on the first trip). its been down the road for the TSB and its been rejetted and shimmed to the point of recall. I talked to the service manager today and he said he had exausted all his options and he says its not any better. everytime he goes from rich to lean in baby steps it either starts backing out the carbs or the out the exaust. there doesn't seem to be any middle ground with this machine. I really have to believe I got a lemon that cannot be fixed

does any know of ANY BF's that have had this problem and cured of it?

Old 10-14-2005 | 11:25 AM
Pro Rider

I dont so much have a backfiring problem, but mine tends to stall out when it goes to idle really quick. And every once in a while it stalls while idling. Very minimal backfiring though. Its done this on my previous P650 and now on my BF750.

Anyone have any ideas? Maybe they're slightly similar problems since I do backfire a little bit.

Old 10-14-2005 | 04:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

I can give you my experience with two different Brutes, both of which I own(ed). I had the same
problem with the idle on a fast return to idle or even if the machine was sitting still at idle. It would
just die. I tweaked and tuned and could not fix either machine. It was on the second machine I
put the Dynatek unit on and the problem was solved. It has idled perfectly fine since the install and
has never died, not once, while slowing down to idle.

Old 10-14-2005 | 04:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

Almost forgot...
As for the original question, the needle replacement fixed the backfire (or popping) on
both machines.

Old 10-14-2005 | 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

Mine was backfiring whan I let off the gas. After a long series of jetting tweaks come to find out the airbox drain hose had come off. When I would let off the gas after running hard the carbs would take a nice big gulp of unfilterd air and the thing would backfire. I simply plugged the hole on the airbox where the drain hose goes and presto no more backfire